International Roma Celebration at The Rum Shack
Friday 7 April, 2023 8 until 11 p.m.
A special event for International Roma Day
The Rum Shack, 657-659 Pollokshaws Rd, Glasgow G41 2AB
Members of the Ukrainian Roma group Rom Som will be performing songs and dances to start off the evening. This group has arrived in the UK as a result of the war in Ukraine. Currently the group and their families are in need of support and living scattered around the UK. The donations collected during this event will go directly to the group and their families.
The ever popular Transylvanian ceilidh will get everyone dancing to the music of Taraful din Glasgow from Romania and dances will be called by Hungarian dance wizard, Tamas Ferenc .
For those who have any dancing left in them the Slovak-Czech power group will provide some high octane Gypsy music to dance the rest of the night away.
Come along to celebrate and support Roma people and culture together!
Filed under: Community event, Dance, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Free Events, Gig Guide plus Club Events, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Under One Roof – Taking Care of Your Tenement
- THE G at Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Glasgow Literary and Music Lounge at The Scotia Bar
- The Burning Season (2023) review Pat Byrne
- Govan Music Festival – Glasgow Barons
- Textile Repair, Sashiko with Keng Keng Watt
- Full Programme Announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Take 2: Turning Red
- The Settlers
- Hamlet + Ian McKellen Recorded Q&A
- El Castillo + Q&A
- Second Hand and Vintage Sale Britannia Panopticon
- Cesária Évora + Q&A
- Perfect Days
- CineMasters: Terrence Malick
- Black Dog
- Billy Connolly Big Banana Feet
- Blue Sunshine
- The Anatomy of a Fall