Houlihan Pharmacy launches Automated Prescription Collection Service.
Houlihan Pharmacy 24-hour Pharmaself24 automated Prescription Collection Service at Glasgow West End has been operational since 30 March, 2020.
The Prescription Collection Point is innovative, accessible and easy to use.
At Houlihan Pharmacy on the corner of 312 Dumbarton Road & 5 Gardner Street, Partick. The Collection Point is on Gardner Street, G11 6TF. (This service has been operational at Houlihan Pharmacy, Darnley since 2019.)
How Pharmaself24 Works
The Pharmaself 24 robot loads your dispensed prescriptions within its secure frame ready for collection from its external hatch.
Step 1: Order your prescription from your GP surgery in the normal way. Houlihan Pharmacy will then collect this for you.
Step 2: Your prescription is dispensed and your medicines are put into the Prescription Collection Point.
Step 3: The Collection Point sends you a text message telling you that your medicines are ready for collection and gives you a PIN number for that collection.
Step 4: You can conveniently collect from the Collection Point, 24/7, even when the Pharmacy is closed.
To sign up please contact Houlihan Pharmacy Partick Freefone 0808 164 2264 option 5
( Houlihan Pharmacy Darnley Freefone 0808 164 2264 option 4)
Covid-10 Increased Pressure on Pharmacies
The World Health Organisation (WHO) declared the Covid-19 outbreak a pandemic on the 11th March 2020. The outbreak and subsequent Government measures such as recent lockdown has seen an unprecedented demand on Pharmacies across the UK.
The Pharmaself 24 will make life much easier for patients and Pharmacists in this challenging time, ensuring that patients and carers can collect prescriptions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Rodney Haugh, Operations Manager at Houlihan Pharmacy stated, “we have already seen unprecedented demand for this service in our Pharmacy in Darnley.”
“A customer phoned me today whose daughter suffered from an auto-immune disorder. The mother was understandably anxious about coming into the Pharmacy and interacting with other patients despite the measures that we have put in place with regards to social distancing. We recommended signing up for the Pharmaself 24 robot. This way she wouldn’t need to come into the Pharmacy and could collect her prescription without interacting with anyone. She was absolutely delighted with this and she has since collected her daughter’s medication safely.”
Houlihan Pharmacy Director Denis Houlihan commented :
“This is an extremely challenging time for Pharmacists and assistants as we deal with an almost overwhelming workload and a phone that never stops ringing.”
“At Houlihan Pharmacy we are always looking to see how technology can support us in our role.”
“The Pharmaself 24 robot which we have installed allows access to the public 24/7 for their dispensed prescriptions. A text message is automatically sent to the patient when their prescription is loaded into the robot. This notification with a secure PIN code will provide reassurance to the patient that their medication is ready for collection.”
“Currently 50% of calls to the Pharmacy relate to queries regarding receipt of prescriptions and if they are ready to be collected. The notification by text from the system should reduce call volume dramatically and allow more time to deal with other Clinicians and more urgent patient requests.”
About Houlihan Pharmacy
Founded by Denis Houlihan in 1998, Houlihan Pharmacy is an independent group of Community Pharmacies located throughout Glasgow. It numbers seven Pharmacies and exists to serve the community and look after their pharmaceutical needs with a focus on the provision of exceptional customer service.
Key Points about Pharmaself24
- If you have any kind of prescriptions including regular repeat prescriptions you can now collect it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- No more queuing to collect your prescription.
- Easy parking close to the Prescription Collection Point.
- The Pharmacy will automatically send you an SMS text message when your prescription is ready for collection – no more wasted journeys.
- There are some restrictions on the items that can be placed into the Prescription Collection Point, e.g. Controlled Drugs, fridge items and bulky items such as drinks are not suitable. Houlihan Pharmacy can advise you further about this. 0141 339 2349
This section: Coronavirus, Pat's Home Page Blog, Shopping
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Takeaway and Uber Eats
- Aye Write 2021 – Pre-Festival Event
- Femspectives Film Festival 2021 announces full programme
- La Nina and Tropical Storms – Wully Davidson
- The Ship Yard Trust – Support For The Venture
- Save the Winter Gardens – Letter of Support
- People’s Palace Winter Gardens – World Monument Watch 2022
- Launch of The Ship Yard Project
- Fiona Alderman: Blogging from Rural France -The Chateau
- At Home Artist’s Talk: GOMA
- Spring Blossom Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Spring Blossom review Pat Byrne
- Glasgow Film Festival – Rosa’s Wedding review by Pat Byrne
- Yer Old Faither review by Pat Byrne
- CLIC Sargent – World Book Day Fundraiser
- Zero Waste Sunday Social – fast fashion and textile waste
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Catharsis
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- Glesga Banter: Celebration of Weegie Culture
- ‘Afterthought’ Debut Single – Becki Rutherford