Glasgow Theatre: Glasgow Girls, The Citizens Theatre until 8 Mar 2014
Seven teenagers with a cause that captured the imagination of a country. The hit Scottish musical is back!
A smash hit during its previous run in 2012, Glasgow Girls is back at the Citizens Theatre for a limited run in February/March 2014.
Based on a true story, Glasgow Girls is a modern Scottish musical about a group of seven teenage girls whose lives are changed forever when they arrive at school one day to be told that their friend – and her asylum seeking family – have been forcibly taken from their home to be deported.
These feisty young women are galvanised to take a stand and to fight for their friend and for the rights of all children of asylum-seekers in Scotland. They take on the Scottish Government and the Home Office and succeed where adults and politicians failed, becoming one of the most vocal and powerful asylum campaigns to capture the imagination of the media and to inspire a community to unite behind its residents; Glasgow Girls is not just a life-affirming musical, it is their story.
Glasgow Girls is part of the Glasgow 2014 Cultural Programme.
The Glasgow 2014 Cultural Programme is a national celebration. Culture 2014 will showcase dance, theatre, music, visual arts, comedy and much more in the run up to and after the Commonwealth Games, with Festival 2014 transforming the Host City at Games time.
The Cultural Programme is a partnership between the Glasgow 2014 Organising Committee, Glasgow Life and Creative Scotland.
Schools £8.50 + 1 free with every 10 purchased
“Genuinely moving and inspiring. Utterly unmissable.”
The Public Reviews ★★★★★
“The Girls just bounce out of their skins with a barn-storming hope and determination”
The Herald ★★★★
Citizens Theatre, 119 Gorbals Street, Glasgow, G5 9DS
This section: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
Filed under: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- Cinderella, Theatre School of Scotland
- Alternative Pantos in Glasgow 2019
- Spot The Signs Renfrewshire
- The Lying King – Glasgow Christmas 2019
- Panto-Crime, Murder Mystery at Websters with Dinner & The Logans
- Write Lines with In Motion Theatre. Book Week Scotland 2019
- A Very Buble Christmas at Cottiers
- The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, Websters Theatre
- Alan Bennett’s Talking Heads, Websters Theatre
- Branagh Theatre Live – A Winter’s Tale GFT
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- The Monster and Mary Shelley, Paisley Arts Centre
- Story – Party True Dating Stories, Cottiers
- Fright Night at Websters Theatre
- The Cooncil, Websters Theatre
- The Drift at The Tron
- Poets Tony Walsh and Stephen James Smith at Cottiers
- Addicted The Musical Websters Theatre Glasgow