Glasgow Print Studio Presents: Louise Rutkowski, Friday, November 28, 2015 8 p.m.
Glasgow Print Studio Presents: Louise Rutkowski
Friday, November 28 8 p.m.
Glasgow Print Studio
Trongate 103, Glasgow G1 5HD
Former This Mortal Coil vocalist Louise Rutkowski presents her first solo album, “Diary of a Lost Girl”, accompanied by co-writer/producer and pianist, Irvin Duguid.
Funded through direct-to-fan platform PledgeMusic, “Diary of a Lost Girl” has been described by its supporters as, “A truly haunting and beautiful album”, and “Pure poetic, lovelorn angst at its best”.
Drawing many comparisons with The Blue Nile and Kate Bush, the album includes mixes by Calum Malcolm (The Blue Nile) and Steve Orchard (Sir Paul McCartney, Chris Cornell), and marks a return to writing for Louise since her career began with Glaswegian soul band, Sunset Gun.
(In the early 90s, Louise worked with film composer Craig Armstrong (Moulin Rouge, Love Actually, NEDS), releasing the album, “Hope” in the US with Interscope Records.)
Since its release in February 2014, “Diary” has been featured on BBC Radio Scotland’s “Culture Show” (Janice Forsyth), Tom Morton, Roddy Hart, and Clyde 2 (Billy Sloan live session).
A single from the album, “Help Me” was released on 31 March this year and has been receiving regular airplay from BBC Radio Scotland, Radio 2, as well as many regional digital stations.
This live performance will include special commissioned projected visuals by Polish artist Robert Motyka of Wee Dog Media, Edinburgh.
Tickets available from Glasgow Print Studio or via this link:
Buy tickets online
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South
- SAFR Takeover/The Primevals/The Reverse Cowgirls
- Nick Harper with Carol Laula and Port Erin CCA
- West Princes plus King Wine at the Hug and Pint, Glasgow
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Great Western Festival of Musical Exploration and Discovery
- East End Free Festival Glasgow
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- Doghouse Roses & Dumb Instrument CCA
- Seven Song Club: Willie Campbell (Astrid), Bensider, Adriana Spina
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- An Evening with Robin Laing