Glasgow Goes Green
11th of February, 2019 1 p.m. – 11 p.m.
The Art School,
20 Scott Street, Glasgow City Centre G3 6PE
Go Green Week, a UK initiative which promotes climate action across the nation, comes back to Glasgow for a week in February. The student-lead Glasgow University Environmental Sustainability Team (GUEST), along with environmental sustainability officers from Glasgow School of Art, University of Strathclyde and Glasgow Caledonian University have prepared a week of events with a focus towards environmentalism, sustainability and climate action, including the highlight of the week: Glasgow Goes Green Festival 2019.
Glasgow Goes Green Festival, an event which attracted over 500 attendees last year, returns to The Art School on the 11th of February, with workshops, stalls, talks, film screenings and musical performances running between 1-11pm.
The theme of the festival is ‘Reduce & Reuse’, highlighting the impact of our unsustainable consumer behaviour as well as our continuing struggle with addressing climate change. How can we consume better? What can we do to reduce our carbon footprint? What are the links between the individual and the community? How do politics relate to global warming? Visitors will explore the full-scope of ‘Reduce & Reuse’ in a welcoming, safe and family-friendly atmosphere.
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- The Lying King – Glasgow Christmas 2019
- First a Girl, GFT
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- 2040 at GFT
- Pity Party Film Club I Shot Andy Warhol CCA
- Queer Classics & Matchbox Cineclub City of Lost Souls CCA
- Alan Ereira ALUNA – screening and talk CCA
- Cooking Pot Biting the Hand that Feeds, CCA
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 at GFT Glasgow
- Leona GFT
- Depeche Mode Spirits in the Forest
- Michael Hutchence: Mystify GFT
- Havana Film Festival 2019
- Project Ability Christmas Show 2019
- Winter Wonderland Christmas Street Party Ashton Lane
- Christmas Tree Light Switch On & Street Market 2019 Glasgow West End
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire