Glasgow Goes Green
11th of February, 2019 1 p.m. – 11 p.m.
The Art School,
20 Scott Street, Glasgow City Centre G3 6PE
Go Green Week, a UK initiative which promotes climate action across the nation, comes back to Glasgow for a week in February. The student-lead Glasgow University Environmental Sustainability Team (GUEST), along with environmental sustainability officers from Glasgow School of Art, University of Strathclyde and Glasgow Caledonian University have prepared a week of events with a focus towards environmentalism, sustainability and climate action, including the highlight of the week: Glasgow Goes Green Festival 2019.
Glasgow Goes Green Festival, an event which attracted over 500 attendees last year, returns to The Art School on the 11th of February, with workshops, stalls, talks, film screenings and musical performances running between 1-11pm.
The theme of the festival is ‘Reduce & Reuse’, highlighting the impact of our unsustainable consumer behaviour as well as our continuing struggle with addressing climate change. How can we consume better? What can we do to reduce our carbon footprint? What are the links between the individual and the community? How do politics relate to global warming? Visitors will explore the full-scope of ‘Reduce & Reuse’ in a welcoming, safe and family-friendly atmosphere.
- National Theatre Live Events GFT
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Film Friday Art in the Archive National Library of Scotland
- Sofa Fest – digital entertainment