Glasgow Cinema: Contemporary Cinema Course April – June 2014
Contemporary Cinema Course
GFT, 12 Rose Street
An ideal beginner’s course for those wishing to broaden their critical understanding of contemporary cinema. Current releases are complemented by engaging discussion around a range of topics.
The course comprises five films and five seminars (18.15 – 20.15) in GFT Cinema 3 (seminar dates: 14 & 28 April, 12 & 26 May, 9 June). Films will be in early evening slots but exact times may vary.
Led by Dr Nessa Johnston. Dr Nessa Johnston recently completed a PhD on sound in low-budget millennial cinema at the University of Glasgow, where she also taught Film/TV Studies and Sonic Arts. She is currently researching Brazilian film and video production and teaching Sound Theory and Film Studies at Glasgow School of Art.
Places can be reserved in person at the GFT Box Office on 12 Rose Street, or by calling 0141 332 6535.
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Reimagining Our Economy – Screening Woodlands Community
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2020
- Canada Now – New Canadian Cinema at GFT
- Saint Maud, GFT
- On The Rocks, GFT
- I Am Greta – GFT
- Movie Screening: ’13’ – Black History Month
- Game On: Queer Disruptions in Sport screening plus Q&A
- World Food Day 2020 – Propogate Scotland
- International Day of the Girl Child
- There’s Something in the Water, Femspectives and Take One Action
- Blue Heart – Take One Action Film Festival
- Africa in Motion 2020
- SQIFF Programme 2020
- Watch Party: Tongues Untied – Black History Month Scotland
- Black Cowgirls and Cowboys, Real and Imagined
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT