Fright Fest at Glasgow Film Festival 2018
1 – 3 March, 2018
Thursday 1 March
Andy Nyman and Jeremy Dyson join us for a special screening of the film adaptation of their smash hit stage show.
Brian O’Malley’s supernatural romance receives its Scottish premiere.
Friday 2 March
The Wanderers: Quest of the Demon Hunter
An inspired modern twist on Transylvanian mythology from Dragos Buliga.
Attack of the Bat Monsters
The World Premiere of writer/director Kelly Greene’s pastiche gem.
A surreal and wickedly humorous addition to the Living Dead canon.
Xavier Gens’ stunning adaptation of Albert Sánchez Piñol’s acclaimed novel.
The European premiere of a creature feature that blows the lid off traditional Bigfoot mythology.
Saturday 3 March
The Devil and the Blacksmith</h4
The UK premiere of Paul Urkijo’s visually breathtaking fantasy.
A beautifully paced, dread-filled study of occult belief by writer/director Adam MacDonald (European Premiere)
Gabriela Amaral Almeida’s intense shocker, which explores the latent evil within us all, receives its UK premiere at FrightFest 2018.
The UK Premiere of Adam Marcus’ savvy seasonal shocker – a fiendishly tense slay-ride!
Tigers Are Not Afraid
A cautionary fable than announces director Issa López as a rising star of Mexico’s New Wave cinema.
Sixty Minutes to Midnight
Actor Arnold Sydney Junior and producer Frank Leraci will be in Glasgow to introduce this violent, action-packed thriller.
FrightFest Passes are £75 and available from 12 noon on Monday 15 January. Passes cover all films on Friday 2 and Saturday 3 March only.
GFT, 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- Big Wednesday Night Quiz QMU
- Window Works by Sean Ellcombe RGI Glasgow
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- September Programme at G.FT.
- John Byrne at 80 – Glasgow Print Studio