Fair Hospitality, Hospitality Workers’ Campaign Launch, STUC, Glasgow, 25 May, 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
***Free bar and food before 6pm***
The hospitality sector contributes billions to the Scottish economy every year and yet it’s workers are the lowest paid and least contractually secure in our economy. The median income of workers in the hotels industry for example is 50p less than the Minimum Wage at only £7 per hour.
Fair Hospitality is the campaign set-up by and for workers in the hospitality sector. Our aim will be to provide hospitality workers with the legal knowledge, the organising skills and collective confidence to transform their workplace and ultimately re-build a collective bargaining framework for the industry.
In consultation with bar, hotel, cafe/restaurant workers from across Scotland we have put together a Charter of key changes needed to transform the sector. Our aim will be to encourage (and if necessary cajole) employers to incorporate the charter into collective bargaining agreements with workers.
The launch event will hear from workers from across the hospitality industry as to why each of the demands are needed, workshops on how we implement the charter as well as spoken word, live music and immersive theatre from our talented activists.
STUC, 333 Woodlands Road, G3 6NG
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community