Fair Hospitality, Hospitality Workers’ Campaign Launch, STUC, Glasgow, 25 May, 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
***Free bar and food before 6pm***
The hospitality sector contributes billions to the Scottish economy every year and yet it’s workers are the lowest paid and least contractually secure in our economy. The median income of workers in the hotels industry for example is 50p less than the Minimum Wage at only £7 per hour.
Fair Hospitality is the campaign set-up by and for workers in the hospitality sector. Our aim will be to provide hospitality workers with the legal knowledge, the organising skills and collective confidence to transform their workplace and ultimately re-build a collective bargaining framework for the industry.
In consultation with bar, hotel, cafe/restaurant workers from across Scotland we have put together a Charter of key changes needed to transform the sector. Our aim will be to encourage (and if necessary cajole) employers to incorporate the charter into collective bargaining agreements with workers.
The launch event will hear from workers from across the hospitality industry as to why each of the demands are needed, workshops on how we implement the charter as well as spoken word, live music and immersive theatre from our talented activists.
STUC, 333 Woodlands Road, G3 6NG
- Christmas Play in a Day, for kids Hillhead Library
- Books at the Botanics, Christmas 2019
- It’s A Wonderful Life GFT
- Take 2: How the Grinch Stole Christmas, GFT
- The Bolshoi Ballet Encore: The Nutcracker GFT
- Her Smell, GFT
- The Kingmaker, GFT
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- Christmas Carousel The Platform
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- Future Glue Christmas Party
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience Christmas & New Year Party
- Project Ability Christmas Show 2019
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Kirsteen Harvey Live, Cottiers
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Oscar Marzaroli Exhibition Streetworks