Face – Isobel, A Play, A Pie and A Pint, OranMor, 8 –13 February, 2016
FACE – ISOBEL
Mon, 08 February, 2016 — Sat, 13 February, 2016
By Peter Arnott | Directed By Stasi Schaeffer
Featuring Janette Foggo
Isobel: I am a sixty year old woman…the veteran of a long, dull marriage to a perfectly pleasant dull, dull man…I am the mother of two grown up children…one of whom is doing very well and the other one bloody well isn’t…living with his useless father in a bed sit…teaching himself how to play the guitar and writing a bloody novel…as derelict at 29 as his father is destroyed by his premature old age and preternatural tediousness at the age of sixty two…and what am I supposed to do now? Am I not supposed to live?
Peter Arnott was born in Glasgow in 1962. He began his career at the Traverse Theatre in Edinburgh in May 1985 with White Rose. That same month his play The Boxer Benny Lynch opened in Glasgow Arts Centre.
He is the writer of some 40 professionally produced stage plays. He has written songs and screenplays and television and radio scripts though his main focus has remained live performance, including large and small scale community projects. His first novel, Moon Country, was published by Vagabond Voices on September 18th last year. He is currently under commission with the Tron Theatre for “Shall Roger Casement Hang?” which will open in May.
Janis Joplin: Full Tilt, which started as a lunchtime show at Òran Mór, is at the Theatre Rotal Stratford East in London this month.
08444 771 000
Buy online on Ticketweb
Or buy from the Box Office on the day.
Monday – Saturday 1pm
(Doors 12pm/12.30pm on Mondays)
Ticket price includes a drink (beer, wine or soft drink) plus a pie or vegetarian quiche.
Glasgow Lunchtime Theatre
Top of Byres Road
Glasgow, G12 8QX
- Aye Write: Prof Dame Sue Black ‘The Books that Made Me
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Alma Wolfson – ‘A Painter’s Passion’
- Outi and Nico at Tchai Ovna
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay
- Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Grease The Musical at Websters Theatre Glasgow West End
- Bend It Like Bertie at Websters
- Wake Up Punk at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cabaret – 50th Anniversary at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wild Men at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Creative Conversations: Michael Pederson
- Aye Write: The Kavya Prize
- Aye Write: Graeme Thomson with John Dingwall
- Particle Wave – Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Aye Write: Beyond the Swelkie
- CARLA Book Launch at tell it slant
- Glasgow Literary Lounge at the Scotia Bar
- All Becomes Art – Poems to Joan Eardley