End of the Game, Southside Film Club, The Glad Cafe, 22 November, 2017
Q&A with director
Wednesday 22nd November, 2017
The Glad Cafe, 1006A Pollokshaws Rd, Glasgow G41 2HG
8pm (Doors 7.30pm)
Join us on a bizarre journey to Africa with a vegan filmmaker and a big game hunter!
Committed vegan, David Graham Scott, follows old colonial relic Guy Wallace as he prepares to go on his last big game hunt and fulfil his ambition to bag a fearsome cape buffalo. It’s Guy’s last chance to relive his glory days in the African bush and finally lay down his guns.
The oddball relationship of Scott and Wallace is the central drive of the film as the director explores the ethics of big game hunting and even questions his own animal rights stance when lured in by the thrill of the hunt.
Director David Graham Scott will join us for an introduction to the film and a Q&A after the film. Don’t miss it!
This section: Cinema, Southside Film Festival
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Aya Films – showcasing new Scottish curatorial talent
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Women’s Work, Nature and the Colonies – Climate Change Screenings
- Eye of the Storm film by Anthony Baxter
- Nae Pasaran – Outdoor Screening East Kilbride
- Winnie Herbstein – Dampbusters at CCA
- Zola at GFT
- Film Festival at Govanhill International Festival
- Fallen Angels, GFT
- Summer of Soul, GFT
- The Letter, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Now, Voyager at GFT
- Josep at GFT
- The Reason I Jump, Access Film Club at GFT