End of the Game, Southside Film Club, The Glad Cafe, 22 November, 2017
Q&A with director
Wednesday 22nd November, 2017
The Glad Cafe, 1006A Pollokshaws Rd, Glasgow G41 2HG
8pm (Doors 7.30pm)
Join us on a bizarre journey to Africa with a vegan filmmaker and a big game hunter!
Committed vegan, David Graham Scott, follows old colonial relic Guy Wallace as he prepares to go on his last big game hunt and fulfil his ambition to bag a fearsome cape buffalo. It’s Guy’s last chance to relive his glory days in the African bush and finally lay down his guns.
The oddball relationship of Scott and Wallace is the central drive of the film as the director explores the ethics of big game hunting and even questions his own animal rights stance when lured in by the thrill of the hunt.
Director David Graham Scott will join us for an introduction to the film and a Q&A after the film. Don’t miss it!
This section: Cinema, Southside Film Festival
- National Library of Scotland Kelvin Hall – World Thinking Day
- A Beautiful Day in The Neighbourhood, GFT
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Jazz On A Summer’s Day
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, Disco
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Simple Women presented by Femspectives
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Rocks
- Parasite GFT
- Pity Party Film Club Tangerine CCA
- Valentine’s Day at GFT 2020
- A Streetcar Named Desire, GFT
- True Romance, Late Night Movie at GFT
- Take 2: StarDog TurboCat GFT
- Alasdair Gray: A Life in Progress GFT
- Preview: Portrait of a Lady on Fire
- Pity Party Film Club Clockwatchers CCA
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Secret Location: Final Destination
- Pity Party Film Club Thelma & Louise CCA
- Eminent Torture: A Manual for Modern Horror plus Recorded Introduction
- Show Me The Picture: Story of Jim Marshall
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 – Short Film Festival Programme