Drama Queens Special: New Plays, Glasgow Womens’ Library, 8 March, 2017
Drama Queens Special: New Plays at GWL
8th March at 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Drama Queens group launch Glasgow Women’s Library’s new shelf of women’s plays in dramatic style: Plays! Performance! Profiteroles!
Over the last few months, award-winning theatre company Stellar Quines have been working with at Glasgow Women’s Library to ensure culturally diverse voices are represented in their library, identifying women playwrights and sourcing works fwith a ‘Play Amnesty’ call out for plays written by women.
Unveiling of the new Drama Shelf on 8th March – International Women’s Day.
The afternoon starts at 2pm and will have readings from GWL’s Drama Queens, a discussion with Jemima Levick and workshops with Linda McLean and Lynda Radley at 2.30pm.
Come along to the sessions and also have cake, cuppa and browse the collection.
Drama Queens Special, Wednesday 8th March, 2pm to 4.30pm
The launch event coincides with International Women’s Day and will include readings by the Drama Queens and playwriting workshop session with Linda McLean and Lynda Radley. Playwrights, remembered to bring your manuscripts for our shelf!
Drama Queens takes places on 6th April, 2017 2.30pm to 4.30pm, and 4th May, 2017 5.30pm to 7.30pm.
This event is open to all and is free to attend. Please book – scroll down page.
Or call you can call us on 0141 550 2267. If you have booked a place and are no longer able to attend please let GWL know so that we can make your place available to someone else.
Glasgow Womans Library, 23 Landressy Street, Glasgow,G40 1BP
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- A Gift to Glasgow from New York, The Hunterian
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT
- Non-Fiction, GFT
- SQIFF 2019 Black History Month: Calalai: In Betweenness + shorts
- Chinese Visual Festival CCA
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Mòd 2019 Gaelic Film Screenings: A taste of BBC Alba – Na Millenni-Gaels CCA
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- The Irishman GFT
- Lost Lives plus Q & A
- Malcolm X 35 mm GFT
- Halloween at GFT 2019
- Preview: Pink Wall with Q & A
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Glasgow Wood Recycling, October Sale
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Branagh Theatre Live – A Winter’s Tale GFT