By Distinction Gallery, Byres Road – Summer Hues Exhibition still running, August 2017
By Distinction, 100 Byres Rd, Glasgow G12 8TB Telephone: 0141 334 4342
This exhibition features work by a range of atists, incuding:
Margaret Evans, Ryan Mutter Cecilia Cardiff, June Carey,Frank McNab, Helen Wilson, Paddy Dorrian, Alison McWhirter, Adrian Wiszniewski and Jewellery by Ruth Swan
Mutter believes there is much to learn from the country’s industrial heritage. He has built a formidable reputation as a powerful contemporary painter of industrial and maritime subjects. This exhibition captures a previous with Mutter’s strong depictions of the skilled shipbuilders and craftsmen of the River Clyde.
Born in 1978, Mutter studied at the Glasgow School of Art, where he graduated in 2001. He has won many distinguished awards, including from the Royal Glasgow Institute of Fine Arts.
McWhirter’s studies of flowers are intimate compositions which evoke a mood through their vibrancy of colour and loose brushwork. Her paintings are instinctive responses to her subject and express a sense of spontaneity.
Since moving to Glasgow in June 2012, McWhirter’s work has been accepted by the Royal Glasgow Institute and exhibited at the Annual RGI show.
- Candlelight Spoken Word Open Mic
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Wakeful Screening at CCA
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Celtic Connections 2020 Hannah Read and Andy Monaghan review by Fionnuala Boyle
- Opening and Closing Galas announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Celine and Julie Go Boating, GFT
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- Finish Exposure Films from the Arctic
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Chinese Visual Festival 2020
- Coastal Connections Festival 2020 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- Preview: Parasite + Satellite Q&A with Bong Joon-ho-GFT
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Cottiers Burns Supper and Ceilidh
- Burns Night (excellent)
- Burns Night Ceilidh, Stereo
- This is not a Burns Night – Dance of the Underclass