By Distinction Gallery, Byres Road – Summer Hues Exhibition still running, August 2017
By Distinction, 100 Byres Rd, Glasgow G12 8TB Telephone: 0141 334 4342
This exhibition features work by a range of atists, incuding:
Margaret Evans, Ryan Mutter Cecilia Cardiff, June Carey,Frank McNab, Helen Wilson, Paddy Dorrian, Alison McWhirter, Adrian Wiszniewski and Jewellery by Ruth Swan
Mutter believes there is much to learn from the country’s industrial heritage. He has built a formidable reputation as a powerful contemporary painter of industrial and maritime subjects. This exhibition captures a previous with Mutter’s strong depictions of the skilled shipbuilders and craftsmen of the River Clyde.
Born in 1978, Mutter studied at the Glasgow School of Art, where he graduated in 2001. He has won many distinguished awards, including from the Royal Glasgow Institute of Fine Arts.
McWhirter’s studies of flowers are intimate compositions which evoke a mood through their vibrancy of colour and loose brushwork. Her paintings are instinctive responses to her subject and express a sense of spontaneity.
Since moving to Glasgow in June 2012, McWhirter’s work has been accepted by the Royal Glasgow Institute and exhibited at the Annual RGI show.
- Refugees for Justice, Remembrance Bench Dedication
- Glasgow Film Festival Announces 2022 Programme
- Linda Jaxson Band, Websters
- Terrence Higgins Trust 10K Fundraiser in Glasgow
- The Sea of Paperwork Exhibition – Maryhill Integration Network
- a serenade for Lahore’s Rain – Rizwan Akhtar
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Trans – I Got Life at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cicada, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Temple Grandin plus Recorded Q & A, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Mass, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Nightmare Alley, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Memory Box, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Belfast, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Compass Gallery: Gary Anderson RSW : Thoughts and Contemplations
- Scottish Opera Breath Cycle Programme for Long Covid Patients
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference