By Distinction Gallery, Byres Road – Summer Hues Exhibition still running, August 2017
By Distinction, 100 Byres Rd, Glasgow G12 8TB Telephone: 0141 334 4342
This exhibition features work by a range of atists, incuding:
Margaret Evans, Ryan Mutter Cecilia Cardiff, June Carey,Frank McNab, Helen Wilson, Paddy Dorrian, Alison McWhirter, Adrian Wiszniewski and Jewellery by Ruth Swan
Mutter believes there is much to learn from the country’s industrial heritage. He has built a formidable reputation as a powerful contemporary painter of industrial and maritime subjects. This exhibition captures a previous with Mutter’s strong depictions of the skilled shipbuilders and craftsmen of the River Clyde.
Born in 1978, Mutter studied at the Glasgow School of Art, where he graduated in 2001. He has won many distinguished awards, including from the Royal Glasgow Institute of Fine Arts.
McWhirter’s studies of flowers are intimate compositions which evoke a mood through their vibrancy of colour and loose brushwork. Her paintings are instinctive responses to her subject and express a sense of spontaneity.
Since moving to Glasgow in June 2012, McWhirter’s work has been accepted by the Royal Glasgow Institute and exhibited at the Annual RGI show.
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Hannah Rarity at Cottiers (rescheduled)
- Kim Edgar and Rhona Macfarlane at Cottiers
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- The Paul McKenna Band – Websters Theatre
- The Mould That Changed The World – Websters Theatre
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- Beyond the Rainbow (100th Birthday Celebration for Judy Garland)
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams