By Distinction Gallery, Byres Road – Summer Hues Exhibition still running, August 2017
By Distinction, 100 Byres Rd, Glasgow G12 8TB Telephone: 0141 334 4342
This exhibition features work by a range of atists, incuding:
Margaret Evans, Ryan Mutter Cecilia Cardiff, June Carey,Frank McNab, Helen Wilson, Paddy Dorrian, Alison McWhirter, Adrian Wiszniewski and Jewellery by Ruth Swan
Mutter believes there is much to learn from the country’s industrial heritage. He has built a formidable reputation as a powerful contemporary painter of industrial and maritime subjects. This exhibition captures a previous with Mutter’s strong depictions of the skilled shipbuilders and craftsmen of the River Clyde.
Born in 1978, Mutter studied at the Glasgow School of Art, where he graduated in 2001. He has won many distinguished awards, including from the Royal Glasgow Institute of Fine Arts.
McWhirter’s studies of flowers are intimate compositions which evoke a mood through their vibrancy of colour and loose brushwork. Her paintings are instinctive responses to her subject and express a sense of spontaneity.
Since moving to Glasgow in June 2012, McWhirter’s work has been accepted by the Royal Glasgow Institute and exhibited at the Annual RGI show.
- Compass Gallery – Gregor Smith Exhibition
- Window Wanderland – Windows of Wonder Glasgow
- How to Manage Hip and Knee Pain
- Truck Art at The Mela
- In Focus: 16 Years: Gigs in Scotland 1974 – 1990 Online Book Launch
- Tony Singh: Glasgow Mela Food Cooking Demo
- Creative Conversations: Homi K Bhabha
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Creative Thursdays – Jewish Textile Art
- Project-Ability, Virtual Exhibition
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release