Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
University of Glasgow Monday 11 October, 2021 – 1 p.m. until 2 p.m.
Free & Open to the Public
University Memorial Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Denise Mina is the author of many novels including the Garnethill Trilogy of Garnethill (1998), Exile (2000) and Resolution (2001), the Patricia Meehan novels, The Field of Blood (2005), The Dead Hour (2006), The Last Breath (2007), the Alex Morrow novels, Still Midnight (2009), The End of the Wasp Season (2010), Gods and Beasts (2012), The Red Road (2013), Blood, Salt, Water (2014) and the novels Sanctum (2003), The Long Drop (2017), Conviction (2019), The Less Dead (2020) and Rizzio (2021).
Denise Mina’s awards include the John Creasey Dagger for Best First Crime Novel, The Martin Beck Award, Theakston’s Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year Award, Gordon Burn Prize, McIlvanney Prize for Scottish Crime Novel of the Year, Deutscher Krimi Preis.
A number of Mina’s novels have been adapted for the screen, and she has also written plays and radio plays. Mina wrote 13 issues of the comic series Hellblazer.
Note: seats are limited at this event as a social distancing and reduced capacity policy is in operation. If it turns out you are unable to take your place, please cancel your ticket so that it can be released for someone else.
All audience members must wear masks during the event, except where exempt.
Creative Conversations is funded by the Ferguson Bequest. Professor Thomas Ferguson (1900-1977), Henry Mechan Chair of Public Health (1944-64), bequeathed his estate to the University, with the instruction that the money should be used to foster the social side of University life.
- Merchant City Festival 2022
- Scottish Writers Centre: Playwriting Workshop
- The Homebird Sessions at Cottiers
- A Night of Grief and Misery, Cottiers
- Loch Lomond Highland Games 2022
- Alice In The Cities – GFT
- I’ve Heard the Mermaids Singing – GFT
- Nitram at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tigers at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Take 2. Paddington at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Ithaka plus Q & A with John Shipton, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Purple Rain, late night at Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Princess, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- Alasdair Gray’s Lanark: A World Made on Paper – The Hunterian
- Journey from Jamaica iBrina – Merchant City Festival
- No Evictions Glasgow Open Meeting
- Restricted Code, The Glad Cafe
- Chris McGlade: Forgiveness- Websters Theatre
- Pippin The Musical at Websters