Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
University of Glasgow Monday 11 October, 2021 – 1 p.m. until 2 p.m.
Free & Open to the Public
University Memorial Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Denise Mina is the author of many novels including the Garnethill Trilogy of Garnethill (1998), Exile (2000) and Resolution (2001), the Patricia Meehan novels, The Field of Blood (2005), The Dead Hour (2006), The Last Breath (2007), the Alex Morrow novels, Still Midnight (2009), The End of the Wasp Season (2010), Gods and Beasts (2012), The Red Road (2013), Blood, Salt, Water (2014) and the novels Sanctum (2003), The Long Drop (2017), Conviction (2019), The Less Dead (2020) and Rizzio (2021).
Denise Mina’s awards include the John Creasey Dagger for Best First Crime Novel, The Martin Beck Award, Theakston’s Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year Award, Gordon Burn Prize, McIlvanney Prize for Scottish Crime Novel of the Year, Deutscher Krimi Preis.
A number of Mina’s novels have been adapted for the screen, and she has also written plays and radio plays. Mina wrote 13 issues of the comic series Hellblazer.
Note: seats are limited at this event as a social distancing and reduced capacity policy is in operation. If it turns out you are unable to take your place, please cancel your ticket so that it can be released for someone else.
All audience members must wear masks during the event, except where exempt.
Creative Conversations is funded by the Ferguson Bequest. Professor Thomas Ferguson (1900-1977), Henry Mechan Chair of Public Health (1944-64), bequeathed his estate to the University, with the instruction that the money should be used to foster the social side of University life.
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Pumpkin v Turnip Lantern Event
- Blade – 4K GFT
- Last Night in Soho GFT
- Glasgow Hallowe’en Ghost Walk
- Hallowe’en – Spooky Kelvindale Woods
- Ice Box Halloween Gig Part 1
- Icebox Halloween Movie Night
- Hallowe’en Witch Market, Britannica Panopticon
- Landscapes Without Figures, The American South West by Ian R. Mitchell
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition
- Opening Party – The Landing Hub Refuweegee Fundraiser
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Dumb Instrument with Duglas T Stewart
- COP26 – The Sacred Forest at GFT
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- Black British Cinema – Routes of Representation
- I Am Belmaya GFT
- The End of Evangelion GFT