David MacLennan – Portrait Unveiling, OranMor, Sunday 21 February, 2016.
David MacLennan Portrait Unveiling
Sunday 21st February, 2016 – 6pm- Free admission
Auditorium, OranMor, Top of Byres Road G12
Join us in our Auditorium to celebrate the unveiling of a portrait of our much missed David MacLennan. The painting is by Alexander Moffat and was commissioned by The Democratic Left. Maggie Chapman from the Scottish Green Party will present the portrait to David’s wife Juliet Cadzow.
Entertainment will be provided from our very own Dave Anderson, Davey Anderson, John Bett,, George Drennan, Cat Grozier, Kirtin McLean, Sandy Nelson, Susan Nisbet, Lesley Robertson Elaine C Smith and The DM Collective.
There will be an auction of two pastel sketches by Alexander Moffat, and a collection for MND (Scotland).
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Hannah Rarity at Cottiers (rescheduled)
- Kim Edgar and Rhona Macfarlane at Cottiers
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- The Paul McKenna Band – Websters Theatre
- The Mould That Changed The World – Websters Theatre
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- Beyond the Rainbow (100th Birthday Celebration for Judy Garland)
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams