David MacLennan – Portrait Unveiling, OranMor, Sunday 21 February, 2016.
David MacLennan Portrait Unveiling
Sunday 21st February, 2016 – 6pm- Free admission
Auditorium, OranMor, Top of Byres Road G12
Join us in our Auditorium to celebrate the unveiling of a portrait of our much missed David MacLennan. The painting is by Alexander Moffat and was commissioned by The Democratic Left. Maggie Chapman from the Scottish Green Party will present the portrait to David’s wife Juliet Cadzow.
Entertainment will be provided from our very own Dave Anderson, Davey Anderson, John Bett,, George Drennan, Cat Grozier, Kirtin McLean, Sandy Nelson, Susan Nisbet, Lesley Robertson Elaine C Smith and The DM Collective.
There will be an auction of two pastel sketches by Alexander Moffat, and a collection for MND (Scotland).
- National Theatre Live Events GFT
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Film Friday Art in the Archive National Library of Scotland
- Sofa Fest – digital entertainment