Creative Conversations: Kirstin Innes
Monday 08 March 2021 1 – 2 p.m.
Creative Conversations Lunchtime Series hosted by Creative Writing College of Arts, University of Glasgow
Kirstin Innes, Writer and Journalist in conversation with Zoe Strachan.
Free on Zoom
(When you register you will be sent link to attend the event online.)
Kirstin Innes is an award-winning writer and journalist from Scotland. She has published two works of fictions. Fishnet (2015) won The Guardian Not The Booker Prize 2015, and Scabby Queen (2020) was praised by Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon as a ‘literary triumph’.
When she’s not writing, Innes works as a journalist and freelance arts PR. She has written for The List, The Scotsman, The Herald, The Independent, and The Pool. In 2007 and 2011, she won the Allen Wright Award for Excellence in Arts Journalism. In 2007, 2008 & 2010 she was nominated for Feature Writer of the Year at the PPA Scottish Magazine Awards.
Creative Conversations is programmed by the University of Glasgow Creative Writing Programme and funded by the Ferguson Bequest. Professor Thomas Ferguson (1900-1977), Henry Mechan Chair of Public Health (1944-64), bequeathed his estate to the University, with the instruction that the money should be used to foster the social side of University life.
(Image attribution: David Konečný, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Creative Conversations 2021, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Free Events, International Womens Day 2021, Zoom and online events
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- West End Festival 2021
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021