Creative Conversations: Kirstin Innes
Monday 08 March 2021 1 – 2 p.m.
Creative Conversations Lunchtime Series hosted by Creative Writing College of Arts, University of Glasgow
Kirstin Innes, Writer and Journalist in conversation with Zoe Strachan.
Free on Zoom
(When you register you will be sent link to attend the event online.)
Kirstin Innes is an award-winning writer and journalist from Scotland. She has published two works of fictions. Fishnet (2015) won The Guardian Not The Booker Prize 2015, and Scabby Queen (2020) was praised by Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon as a ‘literary triumph’.
When she’s not writing, Innes works as a journalist and freelance arts PR. She has written for The List, The Scotsman, The Herald, The Independent, and The Pool. In 2007 and 2011, she won the Allen Wright Award for Excellence in Arts Journalism. In 2007, 2008 & 2010 she was nominated for Feature Writer of the Year at the PPA Scottish Magazine Awards.
Creative Conversations is programmed by the University of Glasgow Creative Writing Programme and funded by the Ferguson Bequest. Professor Thomas Ferguson (1900-1977), Henry Mechan Chair of Public Health (1944-64), bequeathed his estate to the University, with the instruction that the money should be used to foster the social side of University life.
(Image attribution: David Konečný, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Creative Conversations Spring 2021, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Free Events, International Womens Day 2021, Zoom and online events
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- World Book Night with Denise Mina
- Celebrate Your Story – Workshop with Samina Chaudry
- The Everything Thing by Jim McAteer – Single Launch
- Open The Door Festival 2021 – Scottish Women’s Writing
- Aye Write 2021 – Pre-Festival Event
- Beats – GFT At Home
- Song Without A Name online at GFT
- Days of the Bagnold Summer
- Carlton Sessions
- A WORKING CLASS STATE OF MIND by Colin Burnett
- Femspectives Film Festival 2021 announces full programme
- Minari at GFF21 – review by Pat Byrne
- Wee Nature Fest – Islands of Abandonment
- Sheena Blackhall – Meet the Author
- Slow Nature – Woodlands Community Booklet Launch
- A Year of Workers’ Stories
- Warren Starry Skies – New Album ‘Small Wonders’
- Douglas Stuart & Jackie Kay: Shuggie Bain
- Creative Conversations: Lisa Robertson