Creative Conversations: Kirstin Innes
Monday 08 March 2021 1 – 2 p.m.
Creative Conversations Lunchtime Series hosted by Creative Writing College of Arts, University of Glasgow
Kirstin Innes, Writer and Journalist in conversation with Zoe Strachan.
Free on Zoom
(When you register you will be sent link to attend the event online.)
Kirstin Innes is an award-winning writer and journalist from Scotland. She has published two works of fictions. Fishnet (2015) won The Guardian Not The Booker Prize 2015, and Scabby Queen (2020) was praised by Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon as a ‘literary triumph’.
When she’s not writing, Innes works as a journalist and freelance arts PR. She has written for The List, The Scotsman, The Herald, The Independent, and The Pool. In 2007 and 2011, she won the Allen Wright Award for Excellence in Arts Journalism. In 2007, 2008 & 2010 she was nominated for Feature Writer of the Year at the PPA Scottish Magazine Awards.
Creative Conversations is programmed by the University of Glasgow Creative Writing Programme and funded by the Ferguson Bequest. Professor Thomas Ferguson (1900-1977), Henry Mechan Chair of Public Health (1944-64), bequeathed his estate to the University, with the instruction that the money should be used to foster the social side of University life.
(Image attribution: David Konečný, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Creative Conversations 2021, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Free Events, International Womens Day 2021, Zoom and online events
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – More Events Announced
- Report Launch – Tackling Food Poverty
- Sense Scotland Christmas Concert Online
- Calton Ceilidh Open Mic 14 December, 2021
- No Radio Silence – launch of film by Unity Sisters
- Roma Night at The Rum Shack
- Hugh Reed and the Velvet Underpants, Carlton Studios
- Smokehead Sessions Festive Concert Livestream with Dave Arcari
- Carols in the Cloisters, University of Glasgow
- Interfaith Food Justice: Winter Networking Event
- Kittlin at Paisley Abbey
- Christmas Festival Finn’s Place
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021