Creative Conversations: Donna McLean
Monday 19 February, 2024 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
University of Glasgow Memorial Chapel, University Avenue Glasgow G12 8QQ
Donna McLean is a writer and activist. Originally from Ayrshire, she spent almost twenty years in London, working in mental health and addictions services. She now lives in Folkestone.
Donna began writing again in 2017, thanks to the six-week Write Like a Grrrl course and has just completed a year-long mentoring programme with Penguin Random House, WriteNow.
In 2015 Donna discovered that her former partner was in fact an undercover police officer. She has written a raw and honest memoir about her experience of being deceived into a long-term relationship by a man who was paid to lie.
Donna has published articles on the spycops scandal in The Guardian and The Daily Telegraph and has had short stories published in Spelk and The Middle Of A Sentence. Her memoir of this time, Small Town Girl, was published in February 2022.
- Glasgow Literary and Music Lounge at The Scotia Bar
- Seeing Glasgow: An Artist’s View – Avril Patron
- Ajay Close Creative Conversations
- Maria Fusco – Creative Conversations
- Books at the Green with Chris Dolan
- Creative Conversations: Donna McLean
- Fundraiser for Medicin Sans Frontieres
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- From Glasgow to Saturn #51
- Poor Things Screening plus Alasdair Gray Archive Q&A + Exhibition
- Filmmaking with Kevin Macdonald at Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Gray Day 2024
- Alasdair Gray Archive – Free Tours
- Scottish Writers Centre Speakeasy – Fooers fae the fillin station #2
- Books at the Botanics
- Creative Conversations: Jim Carruth
- Close Range Coulport – poem by Finola Scott
- Peace Poetry Night
- Tom Murray Book Launch – Scottish Writers
- Joe Murray: Book Launch ‘Walking on Scoraig’