Compañía Maria “la Serrana” Santuario, Cottiers, Glasgow
21 April, 2020, 7.30 p.m. – 8.45 p.m.
Flamenco from the soul of sacred Andalucia
Juan José Amador – voice
Pepe de Pura – voice
María “la Serrana” – dance
Luis Amador – guitar
Antonio Moreno Polito” – special guest dance
Gabriela Pousa from local Flamenco Academia will be a special guest dancer!
Flamenco dancer María “La Serrana” learnt from the best: she has been Farruquito’s student for over 8 years, and studied with many more renowned gypsy dancers. Her style is both strong and sensual, a bit savage yet elegant. We are happy to host the company for the first time in Glasgow.
In her new show, Santuario, María will honor the heart and soul of the most sacred part of flamenco art and the gypsy community. She will search for the roots of flamenco and goes back to how it all started at the beginning of the 16th century: with the persecution of the Jews, Moors and gypsies by the inquisition. The company will show those styles that are very rarely seen on stage because they belong to the most intimate part of gypsy family-life and are therefore considered sacred. María will bring two of the most revered flamenco voices of the moment with her: Juan Jose Amador and Pepe de Pura. The guitar music is in the rhythmical hands of Luis Amador. Gypsy dancer Antonio Moreno “Polito” (who is Farruquito’s cousin) will be starring for the second time in compañia María “la Serrana”
£21.50/£17.50 Children: £11.50
Box Office 0141 357 7000
International tour Santuario: 27th March – 25th april 2020
Cottiers 93-95 Hyndland St, Glasgow, G11 5PU.
Compañía Maria “la Serrana” Santuario on You Tube
This section: Dance, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- LGBTI Elders Online Social Dance Club
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Sweet Charity, Websters Theatre
- Compañía Maria “la Serrana” Santuario, Cottiers, Glasgow
- Connect Choir, Cottiers Theatre
- Christina Bianco – ‘Diva-filled Show’ at Cottiers
- Tron Creative Presents: Table Read 6
- Rabbie: Scotland’s Superstar – Websters Theatre
- Underwood Lane by John Byrne, The Tron
- Don’t Stop Me Now, The Tron
- Runner by Chris McQueer
- New Works Festival at Websters Theatre
- East Dunbartonshire Schools Jazz Orchestra and Percussion Ensemble Easter Concert
- Tram Direct presents ‘Islets of Silence’ (The C Word)
- The Three Gospels of Jimmy Reid by Kevin P. Gilday
- The Muse at the Playhouse with Linda Jaxson
- Are We Being Deported Now?