Colonel Mustard and The Dijon 5, OranMor, 3 June, 2016
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12 8QX
Friday 3 June, 2016 – 7.30 p.m. – 10 p.m.
The Peace, Love & Mustard Tour 2016.
N.B. If any Dijuniors want to join in the fun, this is a 14+ (under 18’s accompanied by an adult) gig.
We are the shiny disco ball hat wearing, ultimate genre hopping, twisted festival, live stage machine that puts the emphasis on music, entertaining and laughter. We are a party at its most outrageous and ridiculous.
Henge: Rude bass, heavy drums and spaced-out synthesizers – these are the characteristic sounds of cosmic dross; a form of music indigenous to the planet Xylanthia (located in the Sirius Star System) and brought to Earth for the first time by Henge. In their unique take on this obscure art-form Henge explore astral and existential themes in an almost human-like manner. Playing electronic instruments live without the aid of computers, their music takes on the form of quirky songs that encourage the listener to consider the immensity of the Universe and ultimately cherish the sacred soil of planet Earth.
Rail Fan ( https://www.facebook.com/
This is the dirty, unwashed underbelly of Scottish Blues/Americana. A musically eccentric, unorthodox outfit from Stirling. By turns, they slip through genre like a spider on Vaseline; grungy blues to progressive swing, unfeigned folk songs that waltz toward Zep-esque riffs and outros that would test Wonder’s resolve. The lyrics draw deep from the septic tank of amoral psyche and their live chemistry appears almost innate.
Irvine Welsh said “If Alex Harvey had been a drug-dealer in The Wire, he would have sounded like this.”
Spread the Mustard love and join The Yellow Movement. Your Colonel needs you!
You ARE The 6th Dijon! We love you! Thank you for being a friend.
Peace, love and Mustard.
Part of the West End Festival
- Luca Manning & Fergus McCreadie Celtic Connections
- Celtic Connections & Fallen Angels Club: Danni Nicholls
- Isobel Campbell Isobel Campbell with Hannah Fisher & Sorren Maclean and Nina Violet Celtic Connections
- Celtic Connections: SHHE SHHE + GRISLY FAYE Hug and Pint
- Rachael Dadd, The Glad Cafe Celtic Connections
- The Wandering Hearts and Zoe Graham, Celtic Connections
- Mobilising for COP 26 – Climate, Justice, Jobs Glasgow
- The Lucky Sparrow Games Cafe Open Day
- Night at the Museum, Burns On Water, University of Glasgow
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Celtic Connections 2020 – Fionnuala Boyle
- Americana City Halls, Celtic Connections 2020
- Breabach @15 Celtic Connections 2020
- Grit Orchestra Opening Concert Celtic Connections 2020
- Matchbox Cineclub Cage-a-rama 2020
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Glasgow Canal Festival 2020
- Christmas Carousel The Platform
- Future Glue Christmas Party
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience Christmas & New Year Party