Clydebuilt Festival Glasgow, 23 and 24 September, 2017
A new free festival of Boats, Folk and Our Shared Heritage
On the 23rd and 24th of September, Glasgow will play host to the first Clydebuilt Festival at The Tall Ship, a free celebration of boats and the folk that use them for work and play.
There will be something for everyone at the festival: whether you are young or old; an old salt or a determined land lubber, come along to see, smell, taste and experience maritime heritage as you’ve never seen it before.
The whole festival is open from 10am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday.
On Saturday night the bar marquee will be open with bands playing until 11pm.
Watch out for Workshops for children and adults
Want to make your own game of quoits? A great activity for a child and carer to do together. Come to the Tall Ship’s workshop 23-24 September and try your hand at some joinery and rope skills. Guides will show you how to use traditional joiners’ tools and rope making techniques to make a game of quoits like the one sailors played on the Tall Ship.
Suitable for age 8+. Cost (for materials) £5/game. Booking essential. Information and bookings: at the Tall Ship or call 0141 3573699.
Want to make a lead for your doggy? Come to the Tall Ship’s workshops 23-24 September and try your hand at some rope skills. Guides will teach you how to splice a rope and tie clever knots the way the sailors on the Tall Ship did.
Suitable for age 8+. Cost (for materials) £5/lead. Booking essential. Information and bookings: at the Tall Ship or call 0141 3573699.
The Tall Ship, 150 Pointhouse , Glasgow G3 8RS
You could also become a volunteer on the festival and experience first hand the event by helping out. No experience needed. There is a job for everyone!
For details: clydebuiltfestival.com
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community