Clydebuilt Festival Glasgow, 23 and 24 September, 2017
A new free festival of Boats, Folk and Our Shared Heritage
On the 23rd and 24th of September, Glasgow will play host to the first Clydebuilt Festival at The Tall Ship, a free celebration of boats and the folk that use them for work and play.
There will be something for everyone at the festival: whether you are young or old; an old salt or a determined land lubber, come along to see, smell, taste and experience maritime heritage as you’ve never seen it before.
The whole festival is open from 10am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday.
On Saturday night the bar marquee will be open with bands playing until 11pm.
Watch out for Workshops for children and adults
Want to make your own game of quoits? A great activity for a child and carer to do together. Come to the Tall Ship’s workshop 23-24 September and try your hand at some joinery and rope skills. Guides will show you how to use traditional joiners’ tools and rope making techniques to make a game of quoits like the one sailors played on the Tall Ship.
Suitable for age 8+. Cost (for materials) £5/game. Booking essential. Information and bookings: at the Tall Ship or call 0141 3573699.
Want to make a lead for your doggy? Come to the Tall Ship’s workshops 23-24 September and try your hand at some rope skills. Guides will teach you how to splice a rope and tie clever knots the way the sailors on the Tall Ship did.
Suitable for age 8+. Cost (for materials) £5/lead. Booking essential. Information and bookings: at the Tall Ship or call 0141 3573699.
The Tall Ship, 150 Pointhouse , Glasgow G3 8RS
You could also become a volunteer on the festival and experience first hand the event by helping out. No experience needed. There is a job for everyone!
For details: clydebuiltfestival.com
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Scotland Loves Anime 10 Anniversary at GFT
- American Woman GFT
- Judy GFT
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Her Century: Scottish Women on Film GFT
- The Relative Worlds GFT plus Q and A
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Mòd 2019 CCA
- European Art House Cinema Day GFT
- Halloween at GFT 2019
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Cinemasters at GFT: Quentin Tarantino
- The Day Shall Come GFT
- The Joker, Cineworld Glasgow
- The Monster and Mary Shelley, Paisley Arts Centre
- Story – Party True Dating Stories, Cottiers
- Fright Night at Websters Theatre