Citizens Theatre Open Day 23 Aug 2014
23 Aug 2014 – 11am – 3pm
A day of fun, drama, music, arts and crafts – and you’re invited!
The Citizens Theatre is proud to have been a part of the Gorbals community for over 130 years, and to celebrate working together they are inviting everybody to their open day.
No ticket required, just turn up and take part!
There will be events for the whole family to enjoy together including behind-the-scenes backstage tours, pop-up performances, craft stalls, a bouncy castle, face painting, treasure hunts and much more.
Try on costumes from past productions, take part in lighting and sound demonstrations from our technical staff and have a go at drama classes with free, 30-minute taster sessions for children and adults.
You’ll also be able to find out more about everything that goes on in your local theatre and sign up for a Gorbals Card which entitles everyone with a G5 postcode to £2 tickets, any night of the week!
Citizens Theatre, 119 Gorbals Street, Glasgow, G5 9DS
- SHA Virtual Kiltwalk Weekend 2020
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Starchild Sunflower Sanctuary – Autism
- Sound & Vision Drive-In Summer 2020
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Stuck in the Suburbs – Refuweegee
- ‘A Handful of Dates’ Africa in Motion Online
- The Atom: A Love Affair GFT watch online
- BAKOSÓ: AFROBEATS DE CUBA FILM – Africa in Motion
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Beatson puts fun into fundraising – online quizz
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Glasgow Diet – Documentary on History of Food fundraiser