CINE[STHESIA]: Filmichean Gàidhlig/ Gaelic Films Ghlaschu Mod 2019
Wednesday, 9 October 2019, 6.00 p.m. – 7.00 p.m.
National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall
To celebrate the return of the Royal National Mòd to Glasgow there will be a specially selected programme of films which highlight the Gaelic content in Moving Image Collections at NLS at Kelvin Hall.
An evening of films which celebrate Gaelic arts, language and culture! Films include Piobairean Bhornais: The Piper of Bornish; documentary footage in the form of 1980s Gaelic TV show Cuir Car; and an animation from Baile Beag.
Please note all of the selected films are in Gaelic, some with accompanying English subtitles.
Whether you are fluent in Gàidhlig, or not, please do come along – there’s something for everyone!
National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8AW
- The Glasgow Diet – Documentary on History of Food fundraiser
- Rivers Almond and Avon. March 2020
- The Social Isolation Film Festival curated by GFT
- David Craig, Scottish Writer – free book offer
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Women Writers: Maria Marchinadu, Tracy Patrick and Eloise Oui
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
- Glasgow Window Art Festival – High Street and Saltmarket
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, The August Virgin review Fionnuala Boyle
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Celebrates Record Audience Figures
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Women’s Literature Book Swop – IWW 2020 – University of Glasgow
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Women Make Film
- Books at the Botanics
- International Women’s Day Glasgow 2020 – Bike for Good
- Govanhill International Women’s Day 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Billie
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Anderson Falls
- Glasgow Film Festival: A Night of Horror: Nightmare Radio
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Our Ladies