CINE[STHESIA]: Filmichean Gàidhlig/ Gaelic Films Ghlaschu Mod 2019
Wednesday, 9 October 2019, 6.00 p.m. – 7.00 p.m.
National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall
To celebrate the return of the Royal National Mòd to Glasgow there will be a specially selected programme of films which highlight the Gaelic content in Moving Image Collections at NLS at Kelvin Hall.
An evening of films which celebrate Gaelic arts, language and culture! Films include Piobairean Bhornais: The Piper of Bornish; documentary footage in the form of 1980s Gaelic TV show Cuir Car; and an animation from Baile Beag.
Please note all of the selected films are in Gaelic, some with accompanying English subtitles.
Whether you are fluent in Gàidhlig, or not, please do come along – there’s something for everyone!
National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8AW
- Gathered Together, Independance at Tramway
- TRNSMT Festival, Pre-party
- Merchant City: Surge presents Club Supreme Road Show
- Merchant City Festival: Be Bop Bairns
- Merchant City Festival: Reinventing the Bicycle
- Dance Along Festival: Encanto, Merchant City Festival
- Merchant City Festival 2022
- Underwood Lane by John Byrne, The Tron
- A Night of Grief and Misery, Cottiers
- Helen Rose’s Ourdoor Diary: English Lakes, Coniston
- Summer of Stories at The Hunterian
- Loch Lomond Highland Games 2022
- Alice In The Cities – GFT
- I’ve Heard the Mermaids Singing – GFT
- Nitram at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tigers at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Take 2. Paddington at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Ithaka plus Q & A with John Shipton, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Purple Rain, late night at Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Princess, Glasgow Film Theatre