Ciara Phillips Show Me Your Glow, Glasgow Print Studio, Glasgow International
(Ciara Phillips, Installation view of Workshop, (2013). Courtesy of Daniel Brooke.)
Friday 20 April – Sunday 3 June, 2018
Glasgow Print Studio (GPS) presents a print installation by longterm studio member and recent Turner Prize nominee Ciara Phillips.
Phillips’ practice, which addresses issues around women’s representation and self-actualisation, takes an experimental and process focussed approach to printmaking. Working primarily in the medium of screenprint, her artworks combine text, photography and abstract forms to create work with a strong aesthetic and conceptual voice.
For this exhibition Phillips works with GPS Master Printers Scott Campbell and Ian McNicol to produce screenprints, etching and monoprints.
Supported by Glasgow International, John Purcell and Canada House.
Fri 20 April – Sun 3 June
Mon – Wed & Fri – Sun, 10am-6pm
Glasgow Print Studio
Filed under: Art & artists Glasgow West End, Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Glasgow international, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Celtic Connections 2020 Hannah Read and Andy Monaghan review by Fionnuala Boyle
- Opening and Closing Galas announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Celine and Julie Go Boating, GFT
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- Finish Exposure Films from the Arctic
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Chinese Visual Festival 2020
- Coastal Connections Festival 2020 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- Preview: Parasite + Satellite Q&A with Bong Joon-ho-GFT
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Cottiers Burns Supper and Ceilidh
- Burns Night (excellent)
- Burns Night Ceilidh, Stereo
- This is not a Burns Night – Dance of the Underclass
- Burns Baby Burns Dance of the Underclass Aftershow Party
- Cine(thesia) Coming Out, Kelvin Hall
- No Fathers in Kashmir, GFT