Christmas Commissions, Exhibition and Gifts Kelvin Art Studio & Gallery
ART FOR CHRISTMAS – COMMISSION A HOUSE PORTRAIT, BUY A PICTURE
Great -Get -Christmas -Gifts -Exhibition
26th-28th November 2021 & 3rd-5th December 2021
JOHN WETTEN BROWN
Best Selling Artist
Best Selling Printmaker
Kelvin Art Studio and Gallery
23A Hamilton Park Avenue, G12 8DS (Just off Gt Western RD)
With Xmas on the horizon, one idea for a unique gift is to commission a beautiful HOUSE PORTRAIT for your special person.
DAMIAN HENRY, Glasgow School of Art graduate, began creating home mementos during lockdown and has already pleased over 40 clients, many in Glasgow’s West End. Anniversaries, b-days, weddings, any important event also deserves celebrating. Now we all know how important our homes are, Damian’s House Portraits have become very popular. As they take some time to create, order asap.Telephone: 07901338391 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Damian, who works at Glasgow Print Studio, was stuck when the Print Studio closed due to the pandemic and began working on his kitchen table. Primarily a printmaker, Damian normally needs a press for his creations. But he says “The House portraits have not only kept me going, but given me a new audience. People have reacted wonderfully, often recommending me to their friends.’
During his career Damian has had over 20 solo shows in Scotland, America & Canada, including 3 in New York, so his international links in the States and Italy (his wife comes from Tuscany) have produced more commissions. His last show at Glasgow Print Studio, happily very successful and just pre-covid, focused on animals and birds as endangered species such as elephants, leopards, iguanas, hen harriers, jaguars. Less exotic but equally precious, his own 2 cats also often feature in his work, captured in deft strokes which make it all look easy and effortlessly perfect.
Damian is also exhibiting his beloved cats and dogs, horses and birds, plus West End landmarks like the Botanics and Oran Mor, alongside beautiful flower prints, with popular painter John Wetten Brown.
JOHN WETTEN BROWN
John Wetton Brown was a restoration architect who moved from ancient monuments and castles to painting some of its most interesting scenes. Subjects range from historic fishing villages like Pittenweem and Crail, to the landscapes of Skye and Mull, with great sweeps of mountain, moorland, highland cows, sky & sheep.
His style is bright, lively and perspectively challenge.’Squinty’ is one way of describing his highly individual approach.
Call 0141 3769352 or Email email@example.com
Both John and Damian have a quirky style! Go visit their Great-Get-Christmas-Gifts exhibition and buy some inexpensive and colourful upbeat visual treats for yourself, family and friends!
Friday 2–5pm • Saturday and Sunday 12-5pm
26th-28th November 2021 & 3rd-5th December 2021j
- Book Launch: The Pharmacist by Rachelle Atalla
- Hairspray, Beatson Gin and Sing
- My Scotland Stand by Jim Byrne
- Glasgow Mela 2022
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Alma Wolfson – ‘A Painter’s Passion’
- Arcadia Festival – Open Call for Events
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Bend It Like Bertie at Websters
- All Becomes Art – Poems to Joan Eardley
- Colonial Seeds / Seedy Social / Community Meal
- Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair 2022
- Aye Write: MORE FIYA: A Celebration of Black British Poetry with Kayo Chingonyi, Janette Ayachi and Dean Atta
- The Lansdowne – restaurant reopening
- Aye Write: Karen Campbell Introduces… Kirsty Capes, Louise Nealon and Emily Edwards
- The Great May Day Cabaret at OranMor
- The Dughoose Ska Band, McChuills
- Encounters Presents: Ukrainian Shorts
- The Beauty of Edinburgh in Spring