Children’s Wood Holiday Club
Outdoor adventures and play 9 – 13 April, 2018
The Children’s Wood, Kelbourne, Sanda, Clouston Street, Glasgow G20 8QW
Booking for each session closes at 3pm the day before, please book in plenty of time to avoid disappointment.
What is it?
A week-long programme of outdoor activities delivered by Joni Mackay Forest School in partnership with The Children’s Wood.
Throughout the week your childcare will be covered and your children will spend their holiday playing outdoors and connecting with the natural world. There will be plenty of time for children to play and explore the woodland and meadow and also take part in organised activities if they choose. Please note that we may also go for walks to other local parks and wild spaces in the area.
Using the booking form you can book your child on for individual days or for the full week.
The final plan for the week will be confirmed nearer the time but will include a variety of activities to suit all age ranges, including:
– Lots of child led outdoor play.
– Woodland games.
– Natural arts and crafts.
– Nature awareness and walks.
– Fire making and cooking.
– Whittling and tool use.
– Bush craft skills.
Where is it?
The Outdoor Holiday Club will take place in The Childrens Wood on North Kelvin Meadow we may also go for walks to other parks and wild spaces in the area.
The drop off and collection point will be the entrance to North Kelvin Meadow on Kelbourne Street, across from the Scout Hall.WHEN IS IT?
The Outdoor Club will run every day from Monday 9th April to Friday 13th April (inclusive).
Drop off at 9am and collect your child again at 5pm
Who is it for?
Places are limited so please book in advance to avoid disappointment!
This is a drop off session for children aged 6 to 12 years old. Parents can drop their children off at 9am and collect them again at 5pm.
Our team of experienced and qualified adults will lead the Outdoor Holiday Club. Joni will meet you as you drop off your children and confirm all the contact and emergency information you have provided is up to date. Joni is an experienced Forest School Leader, who holds full insurance for leading outdoor activities as well as an outdoor first aid certificate and up to date PVG.
What do I ned to bring?
Each day that your child attends the club they should bring with them
– Warm and waterproof clothes.
– Sturdy boots or wellies.
– A full change of clothes.
– A packed lunch, snacks and drinks for the day.
We will be outdoors all day, whatever the weather and we will definitely get mucky while we are playing. Please do not wear or bring anything valuable in case it gets lost, broken or weather damaged!
Why should I choose the Outdoor Holiday Club.
The Childrens Wood Holiday Club provides an opportunity for children to play outdoors in nature and take part in activities that are perceived to have an element of risk. Following the Forest School ethos we will support your children to follow their interests, develop their understanding and respect for the natural world and have the opportunity to try new activities. Staff will supervise risky activities closely – such as tool use, tree climbing and fire lighting and also encourage children to understand and assess the risk attached to an activity themselves. Being involved in activities of this nature helps children to develop self esteem, gain confidence in their own ability and assess elements of risk in their day-to-day life.
£25per child per day
- Hairspray, Beatson Gin and Sing
- Glasgow South Side Wellbeing Fair
- Vinicombe Street Party 2022
- Modren Makars Launch Event
- Active Travel for Whiteinch & Scotstoun
- Mansfield Park Street Festival
- Glasgow Mela 2022
- Aye Write: Karen Campbell and Nataliya Deleva
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Alma Wolfson – ‘A Painter’s Passion’
- Outi and Nico at Tchai Ovna
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay
- Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Grease The Musical at Websters Theatre Glasgow West End
- Bend It Like Bertie at Websters
- Wake Up Punk at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cabaret – 50th Anniversary at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wild Men at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Creative Conversations: Michael Pederson