The Children’s Wood – come to play anytime.
Plus: Wednesday morning playgroup 10am-12pm, Friday toddlers 11am-1pm and Saturday morning outdoor learning club 10am-12pm all weekly.
The Children’s Wood and North Kelvin Meadow make up the last wild space in the west-end of Glasgow. This space is vitally important to the community, who organise regular events designed to connect children to nature, raise aspirations and bring people together. Some children who’ve been to the Children’s Wood through local schools have said this is the first time they’ve been outside to play in months, or ever. The Children’s Wood is situated near some of the most unequal areas in Scotland – it is invaluable for building a better future for young people and families in the area.
A Scottish Pre-school Play Association registered outdoor playgroup runs on a Wednesday morning between 10am and 12. Everyone is welcome – even if you don’t live in the area, and no matter what the weather. There are regular Forest School Clubs for schools and the community. Get in touch if you would like to be involved: email@example.com
The Children’s Wood can be accessed at any time of day or night by families/carers/schools and all of the community. It is your land – community land – let’s make use of it. There have been birthday parties impromptu barbecues and picnics – there’s no need to book – just come down whenever you want and enjoy this wonderful outdoor space.
Please, leave the land as you found it and take away any litter. Thanks.
It is located in between Clouston Street and Kelbourne Street, North Kelvinside.
If you have any questions please feel free to call us on 07762029663
The Children’s Wood Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TheChildrensWood
The Children’s Wood twitter: @childrens_wood
The Children’s Wood email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening Party – The Landing Hub Refuweegee Fundraiser
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Dumb Instrument with Duglas T Stewart
- COP26 – The Sacred Forest at GFT
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- Black British Cinema – Routes of Representation
- I Am Belmaya GFT
- The End of Evangelion GFT
- Never Gonna Snow Again, Glasgow Film Theatre
- The French Dispatch, GFT
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- A Play, A Pie and A Pint Autumn Programme 2021
- Opening Time – A Play, A Pie and A Pint
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- Arracht – Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cats Protection Jade Carrera Art Event
- Christmas Appeal Benefit – The Primevals
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Black History Month
- The Carlton Jug Band at the Clutha