Celebrate Govanhill, 26 – 28 August, 2017
Carnival Parade, Rock Against Racism, Street Performers, Prizes for the Best Costumes.
26 – 28 August, 2017
Carnival, 26 August, 2017 at Queens Park, 520 Langside Rd, Glasgow G42 8QR 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
A parade celebrating the international communities of Govanhill with a celebration at Queens Park Arena, with music, food, street performers and family activities. Organised by Govanhill Baths Community Trust in partnership with Irish Heritage Foundation and Romano Lav.
Looking for community, local or voluntary groups who would like to work with Rags to Riches to make their own banner to march under.
- Urban Potentials Exhibition Launch
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Listening Party Launch – Jim Byrne’s E.P. ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Publishing Scotland Fiction Showcase
- Linda Jaxson Band at Websters
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- African Wall Art and Stories by Lantern Light
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2021
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- The Great Black History Quiz CRER
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Black History Month
- COP26 Glasgow Trade Union and Workers Bloc
- Art for Africa in memory of Rony Bridges
- Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
- Nature Stories with Emily Dodd, The Children’s Wood
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- BFI London Film Festival 2021 at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Last Night in Soho, Glasgow Film Theatre