Carrie Elkin and Lynne Hanson, The Glad Cafe, 4 October
4th October- The Glad Cafe Glasgow
Unreserved seating available
Carrie Elkin is “spellbinding…made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.” – Bob Harris, BBC Radio 2
Texas-based singer/songwriter, Carrie Elkin is set for a matinee date at this year’s Glasgow Americana Festival.
She plays in the afternoon at The Glad Café on Saturday, October 4.
She appeared as part of the Glasgow Americana 2012 show, “Austin Song Writers In The Round” and she joined Sam Baker on stage during his Fallen Angels Club show last Autumn.
Her engaging range and style of vocals have brought comparisons with the likes of Nanci Griffith, Iris DeMent and Patty Griffin.
Canadian singer Lynne Hanson also impressed Glasgow audiences on previous visits when opening up for both Gretchen Peters and Steve Forbert.
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Christmas Carousel The Platform
- Future Glue Christmas Party
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience Christmas & New Year Party
- Kirsteen Harvey Live, Cottiers
- Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Irish fiddle player Michael Gorman Cd launch and Concert to celebrate his Glasgow connection
- Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
- Cottiers has Talent this Christmas
- A Very Buble Christmas at Cottiers
- SongWriters Uncovered Series 2019
- Fairytale of Glasgow
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow