Carrie Elkin and Lynne Hanson, The Glad Cafe, 4 October
4th October- The Glad Cafe Glasgow
Unreserved seating available
Carrie Elkin is “spellbinding…made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.” – Bob Harris, BBC Radio 2
Texas-based singer/songwriter, Carrie Elkin is set for a matinee date at this year’s Glasgow Americana Festival.
She plays in the afternoon at The Glad Café on Saturday, October 4.
She appeared as part of the Glasgow Americana 2012 show, “Austin Song Writers In The Round” and she joined Sam Baker on stage during his Fallen Angels Club show last Autumn.
Her engaging range and style of vocals have brought comparisons with the likes of Nanci Griffith, Iris DeMent and Patty Griffin.
Canadian singer Lynne Hanson also impressed Glasgow audiences on previous visits when opening up for both Gretchen Peters and Steve Forbert.
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- The Zoom Session with Dave Arcari
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Refuweegee Fundraiser with Sound in the Suburbs
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Sammy’s Lockdown #5
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham at Cottiers
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Lindisfarne at Cottiers
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- ‘Here Comes The Moon’ – live stream single launch Starry Skies
- Stuck in the Suburbs – Refuweegee
- Lockdown Sessions Love Glasgow Hate Racism
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live