Carrie Elkin and Lynne Hanson, The Glad Cafe, 4 October
4th October- The Glad Cafe Glasgow
Unreserved seating available
Carrie Elkin is “spellbinding…made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.” – Bob Harris, BBC Radio 2
Texas-based singer/songwriter, Carrie Elkin is set for a matinee date at this year’s Glasgow Americana Festival.
She plays in the afternoon at The Glad Café on Saturday, October 4.
She appeared as part of the Glasgow Americana 2012 show, “Austin Song Writers In The Round” and she joined Sam Baker on stage during his Fallen Angels Club show last Autumn.
Her engaging range and style of vocals have brought comparisons with the likes of Nanci Griffith, Iris DeMent and Patty Griffin.
Canadian singer Lynne Hanson also impressed Glasgow audiences on previous visits when opening up for both Gretchen Peters and Steve Forbert.
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Vinicombe Street Party 2022
- Mansfield Park Street Festival
- Outi and Nico at Tchai Ovna
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Glasgow Literary Lounge at the Scotia Bar
- Kittlin at Kelvinside Hillhead Church
- The Dughoose Ska Band, McChuills
- Ariane Mamon at Tchai-Ovna Teahouse
- Colonel Mustard’s Spring Bonanza at St Luke’s
- 20 Years of Oxfam Music
- Olivia and Mic at The Lismore Bar
- Boo Hewerdine and Support, Cottiers
- Jill Jackson at Cottiers
- Dave Arcari and special guest Duncan McCrone
- Southside Soul Bowl
- Lizzie Reid at The Glad Cafe
- Carlton Jug Band at The Clutha
- BMX Bandits Album and Craft Beer Launch
- Sonica Glasgow 2022 – Art for the Visually Minded
- Rura at Celtic Connections 2022