Buy Buy Baby by Helen MacKinven, Waterstones Argyle Street, 19 July 2016
Helen MacKinven will be in store to talk about and sign copies of her new novel, Buy Buy Baby; don’t miss the chance to meet this Glasgow author or her discussion of her latest project! ~~~~~ What price tag would you put on a baby?
Set in and around Glasgow, Buy Buy Baby is a moving and funny story of life, loss and longing. Packed full of bitchy banter, it follows the bittersweet quest of two very different women united by the same desire – they desperately want a baby.
Carol talks to her dog, has an expensive eBay habit and relies on wine to forget she’s no longer a mum following the death of her young son.
Cheeky besom Julia is career-driven and appears to have it all. But after disastrous attempts at internet dating, she feels there is a baby-shaped hole in her life.
- LGBTI Elders Online Social Dance Club
- Learn How To Use Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland
- National Library of Scotland Film Friday
- Makar to Makar, Jackie Kay with Imtiaz Dharker and Suzanne Bonnar
- Life is too short online readings and recorded performances
- ‘A Handful of Dates’ Africa in Motion Online
- Historic Significance of Ellisland Farm, Centre for Robert Burns
- The Atom: A Love Affair GFT watch online
- Best of Africa in Motion Shorts – Shoeshine screening online
- BAKOSÓ: AFROBEATS DE CUBA FILM – Africa in Motion
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- National Theatre Live Events GFT
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event