Brooksy and the Sound Collectors, Cottiers Theatre, 13 March, 2015
Friday 13 March – Cottiers
8 p.m. – midnight
‘Brooksy and the Sound Collectors’ are marking their first serious assault on
the MUSIC INDUSTRY AND THE PUBLIC with a live show at the spectacular venue that is
‘COTTIERS THEATRE’ in Glasgow’s vibrant west end.
Brooksy and Co will be performing songs from their album ‘Citizen’ and some more, released in late 2014 via Supertone Records Ltd / distributed by Absolute Marketing Ltd via I tunes and other main music download sites. Citizen has been described as distinctive real melodic songs, driving yet relaxed, deceptively intelligent lyrics, observation and questions, all advocating a way of life that’s been lived.
‘Be one in the crowd, not one of the crowd’ ‘ Think for yourself”
‘That’s Revolution YIN YANG’.
‘Sing About What You Know About’
Joe Strummer of THE CLASH – advice given to Brooksy from Joe.
“Beautifully Timeless – Played it constantly whilst writing ‘BEDLAM’
‘Chris Brookmyre’ author and word-smith on ‘CITIZEN’ album.
BEDLAM THE GAME by RED BEDLAM
“First person shooter game based on a novel of the same name by award winning British author Christopher Brookmyre. We’re delighted to have licensed the irresistibly catchy tune Wanna Make Some Noise from up and coming Glasgow band Brooksy and the Sound Collectors”.
Nick Witcher – Red Bedlam.
For more info see – Brooksy and the Sound Collectors
FACEBOOK / SOUNDCLOUD / REVERB NATION. / www.bedlamthegame.com
iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Deezer, 7 Digital
Our special guests are
‘SPIDERS ON MARS’
The UK’s very best ‘David Bowie’ tribute band. Needs no further explanation.
King of Birds
“King of Birds are Glasgow brothers Charlie and Stirling Gorman. Formed in 2012 their highly crafted songs range from intimate acoustic tracks such as “One Horse Town” and the haunting “Here And Gone” echoing early Neil Young through to the spirited excitement of songs such as “When We Were Kings” and “Peace Of Mind”. Following support slots with Simple Minds, Crowded House and John Hiatt and an album released on the Warner Bros label in America, the new songs are based around the simple format of two acoustic guitars and vocals”.
Tickets via Cottiers Events Page. £13 (Inc booking fee)
Cottiers, 95 Hyndland Street, G11 5PU
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Irish fiddle player Michael Gorman Cd launch and Concert to celebrate his Glasgow connection
- Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
- Cottiers has Talent this Christmas
- A Very Buble Christmas at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- SongWriters Uncovered Series 2019
- Fairytale of Glasgow
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South
- SAFR Takeover/The Primevals/The Reverse Cowgirls
- Nick Harper with Carol Laula and Port Erin CCA
- West Princes plus King Wine at the Hug and Pint, Glasgow