Saturday 26 January, 2019 12.35 p.m.
To mark Burns Night, we’re screening one of Hollywood’s most outlandish musical visions of our fair land. Dismissed in the 1950s as pure tartan kitsch and despised for choosing Hollywood make-believe over location shooting in Scotland, Brigadoon is still a wonderfully romantic musical with some unforgettable numbers in ‘The Heather on the Hill’ and ‘Almost Like Being in Love’. Two Americans, Tommy and Jeff, are on a shooting holiday in the Scottish Highlands. They lose their way and come across Brigadoon, a magical village that only appears for one day every 100 years. When Tommy falls in love with villager Fiona, he has only till the end of the day to decide whether he can really stay in Brigadoon.
GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Burns Events, Cinema
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- September Programme at G.FT.
- The Lady in the Portrait GFT
- Make Up, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Film Theatre – Re-opening Programme
- “Trainspotting The Italian Chapter” madness or success beyond the borders
- White Riot, Govanhill International Festival
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Take One Action 2020
- Edinburgh Festivals Past 1954 – 1969
- Glasgow Short Film Festival Online
- Glasgow Film Theatre Re-opening