Our Boys: rehearsed reading, Old Hairdressers, 25 May, 2016
25 May, 2016 – 7 -p.m.
Rehearsed reading of a one hour play with short discussion after. All female production.
“Absolutely brilliant. Really tense, morally complex, so many shades of grey… I actually had goosebumps at points.” Alan Bissett.
Written by Magi Gibson, directed by Sacha Kyle, with Anita Vetesse, Michele Gallagher and Nalini Chetty.
With Gina stressed out about her soldier son and Shahara angry about the war in Iraq, will Eilidh’s kitchen be turned into a warzone? Funny and tense, Our Boys explores themes of war, racism, pacifism – and just how far a mother will go to defend her son.
Old Hairdressers, 20 – 28 Renfield Lane, G2 6PH
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- SHA Virtual Kiltwalk Weekend 2020
- La Belle et la Bête – Open Air Screening
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- Record Store Day – Love Music Glasgow
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Alice – Watch Online GFT
- The Traitor Glasgow Film Theatre Online
- Govan’s Glories: Central Govan Walk Ian R. Mitchell
- Payback Claire MacLeary