Our Boys: rehearsed reading, Old Hairdressers, 25 May, 2016
25 May, 2016 – 7 -p.m.
Rehearsed reading of a one hour play with short discussion after. All female production.
“Absolutely brilliant. Really tense, morally complex, so many shades of grey… I actually had goosebumps at points.” Alan Bissett.
Written by Magi Gibson, directed by Sacha Kyle, with Anita Vetesse, Michele Gallagher and Nalini Chetty.
With Gina stressed out about her soldier son and Shahara angry about the war in Iraq, will Eilidh’s kitchen be turned into a warzone? Funny and tense, Our Boys explores themes of war, racism, pacifism – and just how far a mother will go to defend her son.
Old Hairdressers, 20 – 28 Renfield Lane, G2 6PH
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- National Theatre Live Events GFT
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- The Specialized Big Isofest