Biding Time (remix) Wed 7 May — Thu 8 May 2014 CCA
Biding Time (remix)
Wed 7 May — Thu 8 May 2014
A multimedia collaboration between musician Louise Quinn (A Band Called Quinn), Grid Iron Theatre Director Ben Harrison & Scottish film maker Uisdean Murray in response to international shared story project Biding Time (remix).
Biding Time (remix) tells the story of aspiring singer/ songwriter Thyme & her journey through the fame factory as she pursues success in the music industry. It is based on Louise Quinn’s own experience of being signed to a major record label, & the highs & lows that ensued.
The show combines a live band with feature-film-quality visuals, a large rabbit, guest appearance by legendary performance artist Diane Torr & the first ever use of silent disco technology in this context to give a truly immersive & original audience experience.
This is the story of a musician and her discovery of exactly what it is that a woman is expected to do to succeed in the music industry.
“…a vital piece that’s musically compelling throughout.”
4 stars, The Scotsman
Supported by Creative Scotland
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Sofa Fest – digital entertainment
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Dave Arcari Live Concert Live Stream
- For the Love of Scotland fundraiser for Masks for Scotland
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Sweet Charity, Websters Theatre
- Compañía Maria “la Serrana” Santuario, Cottiers, Glasgow
- Connect Choir, Cottiers Theatre
- Christina Bianco – ‘Diva-filled Show’ at Cottiers
- Howlin’ Radio at Finsbay Glasgow West End
- Tron Creative Presents: Table Read 6
- Seven Song Club The Tron Duncan McCrone
- Rabbie: Scotland’s Superstar – Websters Theatre
- Pete Case and Sid Griffin, Nice n Sleazy