BHP Glasgow Comic Con 2015, 30 June – 5 July, 2015. CCA
Glasgow Comic Con 2015
Tue 30 June — Sun 5 July 2015
Glasgow Comic Con returns for it’s fifth year, bringing a host of internationally-acclaimed comic book artists and writers to Glasgow on the weekend of the 4th and 5th of July. Comic Con will take place in CCA, The Art School and the Renfield Centre, with talks, panels, signings, retailers, cosplay and a stunning line up of guests including Mark Millar, Marcio Takara, Cameron Stewart, David Lloyd, John Higgins, Sean Phillips and industry legends John Wagner and Alan Grant, to name a few.
Alongside established names we’re highlighting up and coming, break-out talent. Writers and artists who are making an impact in Scotland and beyond, including Colin Bell, Gary Chudleigh, Gill Hatcher, Iain Laurie, John Lees, Dan Cornwell and Neil Slorance, who created the poster artwork for this year’s event.
In addition to the main Comic Con weekend the festival has expanded, running from 26 June to 5 July, to include an exclusive exhibition ‘The Comic Art of Millarworld and Beyond’ hosted at Glasgow Print Studio. Plus we’ll have film, performance and engagement strands, all taking place at CCA, with highlights including stand up performance Hero Worship in the Cinema and an interactive comics class/exhibition featuring comic creators in residence ‘The Big Comic Draw’ in CCA’s Intermedia Gallery.
The programme is the biggest and boldest the event has offered to date. For more information and tickets please visit www.glasgowcomiccon.com.
Saturday/Sunday Day Passes: £15, Concession – £10, Child (6-15 years) – £6, Family – £37, + £1 booking fee
Weekend Pass: £20, Concession – £15, Child (6-15 years) – £10, Family – £50, + £1 booking fee
Tickets also available via Tictail
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
Related CCA Events
Mon 3 August — Fri 7 August 2015
Thu 2 July 2015
Fri 3 July 2015
Wed 1 July 2015
Tue 30 June 2015
Wed 1 July 2015
- Fessen/Reared New Poetry Collection by Lesley Benzie, Book Launch
- Runner by Chris McQueer
- Poetry Slam – Open to All – The Tron
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance Fundraiser at Murrayfield
- Looking at Mackintosh’s Masterpiece
- Moments of Resistance by Femspectives
- Iberodocs Lisbon Beat CCA
- Glasgow Film Festival: Master Cheng
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Heroic Losers
- Bacurau, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 at CCA
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- Lost Transmissions, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- The Whistlers, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Jazz On A Summer’s Day
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, Disco
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party