Beyond The Battlefield Book Launch
Battlefield Writers are delighted to announce the launch of the second volume of an exciting new collection of short stories and poems from local authors and poets titled Beyond the Battlefield.
Twenty-eight authors and poets have contributed to the new anthology from a wide range of styles and genres, including flash fiction. As part of Book Week Scotland, Battlefield Writers’ Collective and Glasgow Life are hosting a public event to launch the new collection.
This is a free event supported by the Scottish Book Trust, open to all members of the public and will include:
- A short introduction to the work of the Battlefield Writers’ Collective
- Brief readings from a cross-section of short stories and poems from the new anthology read by the writers/poets
- An interactive Q & A with the audience
- How you could participate in future collections from the Collective.
- An opportunity for audience members to meet the authors and poets over refreshments.
Come along and support your local writing community and Book Week Scotland. Look forward to seeing you there.
No tickets required.
- Friday Focus: Scottish Art Acquisitions
- Express Your-elf Christmas Party
- Now’s The Day Now’s The Hour – Poems for John Maclean
- Naomi Mitchison Lecture with Hannah Lavery
- From Page to Print: Shake the Kaleidoscope
- Steadfast Trickster Book Launch
- Double Vision: Double Voice Jim Ferguson
- Kavya Prize New Writers Award Ceremony
- Celebrating Leela Soma and Murder at the Mela
- Story Cafe Milton Library, Book Week Scotland 2023
- Beyond The Battlefield Book Launch
- Book Week Scotland 2023 – Zoe Strachan
- Charlie Gracie, Belfast to Baillieston
- Strathclyde Creative Writing and The Glasgow Review of Books
- Scottish Pen Readings
- Fiona Gillan Kerr – book launch
- Dave Manderson – Jim and Pat’s West End Chat Podcast
- Creative Conversations: Andrew McMillan
- Rebecca Smith Discusses Rural: The Lives of the Working Class Countryside
- Medical Aid Palestine Fundraiser – Stereo, Glasgow