Best of Africa in Motion Shorts – Shoeshine screening online
Available until 12 June, 2020
Set in a busy street of Dar es Salaam, a shoeshine boy offers us a conscious and subconscious perspective of the space and people of his city ranging from the local politician to University students as well as the neighbour tea maker. This short-film is both a social commentary and an artistic depiction of the life, aspirations and perspectives of a working child.
This film is screening as part of Best of AiM Shorts, a two part online programme of some of our favourite short films that have screened at past festivals.
- Best of AiM Shorts
- Kichwateli (TV Head)
- Mémoires anachroniques, ou le couscous de vendredi midi (Thank God It’s Friday)
- The Abyss Boys
The first five films will be available to watch on the website until 12th June 2020.
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- From the Studio of Alasdair Gray – Sale Great Western Auctions
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- Big Wednesday Night Quiz QMU
- Window Works by Sean Ellcombe RGI Glasgow
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- September Programme at G.FT.