Best of Africa in Motion Shorts – Shoeshine screening online
Available until 12 June, 2020
Set in a busy street of Dar es Salaam, a shoeshine boy offers us a conscious and subconscious perspective of the space and people of his city ranging from the local politician to University students as well as the neighbour tea maker. This short-film is both a social commentary and an artistic depiction of the life, aspirations and perspectives of a working child.
This film is screening as part of Best of AiM Shorts, a two part online programme of some of our favourite short films that have screened at past festivals.
- Best of AiM Shorts
- Kichwateli (TV Head)
- Mémoires anachroniques, ou le couscous de vendredi midi (Thank God It’s Friday)
- The Abyss Boys
The first five films will be available to watch on the website until 12th June 2020.
- The Coming Back Out Ball – National Theatre of Scotland
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.
- Red Squirrel Press – Launch of Three Publications
- #StreamMyStory Children’s Online Events Summer 2021
- Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
- Bloody Scotland 2021 McIlvanney Prize Long List Announced
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Bungalow Cafe at Mother India, Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- The Owner of the Sea – Richard Price readings and discussion
- Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot
- Mandabi, GFT
- Ammonite, GFT
- Earwig and the Witch at GFT
- First Cow, GFT
- The Father at GFT
- Football Themed Movie Night at Glasgow Green EURO 2020 Fanzone