Beatson puts fun into fundraising – online quizz
Beat the Beatson Online Quizzes
TV and sporting personalities have signed up to take part in Beatson Cancer Charity’s latest fundraising efforts for April including online quizzes and virtual Q&A sessions with local sporting heroes.
So far there have been several hundreds of participants in the weekly Beat the Beatson online quizzes. Joining up with host Andy Dunlop, who created The Stayin’ Inn (Scotland’s first online pub), he delivers 5 rounds of quizzing where you have to do your best to beat the resident Beatson egg-head!
So far nearly £4,000 has been raised and the aim is to double this by end of lockdown period.
Next Quiz Tuesday 21 April, 2020
The next quiz takes place on Tuesday 21 April featuring actor Gary Lamont, best known for his role in the soap opera River City with special guest, a true boffin, Professor Anthony Chalmers from Beatson Cancer Hospital. Prof Chalmers is world renowned for his research and practices in clinical oncology. Each week offers a range of super prizes, all donated from local businesses.
- Beginners Bird I.D.
- Little Garden Baby Group – Woodlands Community
- Wellbeing for Artists Working in Older People’s Care
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Aye Write Programme 2021
- Rams at home with Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Trade Union May Day 2021
- Joan Eardley Centenary – Writers Celebrate her work
- Woodlands Anti Racist Community Library Launch
- Glasgow Film Theatre – reopening May 2021
- Ghazal: Soul’s Food – Rizwan Akhtar
- Africa in Motion – Notions of Citizenship
- Scottish Communities Climate Action Network Online Meetup
- Maryhill Matters May Day Matters
- The Joan Eardley Centenary Celebration
- Linda Jackson, The Cabinet launch of poetry collection
- Greenpeace Glasgow Group joins nationwide protest against deep sea mining
- Femspectives Film Festival 2021 announces full programme
- Sounds in the Suburbs – One Whole Year of Refuweegee Shows
- Lizzie Reid at Stirling Tolbooth Shindig Online