Aye Write 2022: Rodge Glass introduces…Kasim Ali, Ashley Hickson-Lovence and Catherine Prasifka
Sunday 8 May, 2022 – 4.45 p.m.
The novelist, biographer and creative writing professor Rodge Glass introduces this panel of debut writers.
Kasim Ali – Good Intentions
A heart-wrenching and beautifully told debut novel about love, family obligation and finding your way. Nur and Yasmina are in love. They’ve been together for four happy years. But Nur’s parents don’t know that Yasmina exists.
Good Intentions deftly explores family obligation and racial prejudice alongside the flush of first love, it is a captivating and powerful modern love story that announces a thrilling new voice in British fiction.
Ashley Hickson-Lovence – Your Show
From Jamaica to Sheffield to the recently formed Premier League, Uri rises through the ranks as a referee, making it to the the highest level of our national game.
But along the way he is confronted with tensions and prejudices, old and new, which emerge as his every move is watched, analysed and commented on.
Your Show is an extraordinary novel which charts one man’s pioneering efforts to make it, against the odds, to the very top of his profession and beyond.
Catherine Prasifka – None of this is Serious
Dublin student life is ending for Sophie and her friends. They’ve got everything figured out, and Sophie feels left behind as they all start to go their separate ways. She’s overshadowed by her best friend Grace. She’s been in love with Finn for as long as she’s known him. And she’s about to meet Rory, who’s suddenly available to her online.
None of This Is Serious is about the uncertainty and absurdity of being alive today. It’s about balancing the real world with the online, and the vulnerabilities in yourself, your relationships, your body. At its heart, this is a novel about the friendships strong enough to withstand anything.
- Perfect Days
- Moments Of Beauty In Glasgow: Walking Tour
- Seeing Glasgow: An Artist’s View – Avril Patron
- Ajay Close Creative Conversations
- Maria Fusco – Creative Conversations
- Eden Communities: Walk, Run, Cycle N. Ireland and East Dunbartonshire Networking Event
- Film Screening – Memory Box (2021) plus discussion
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- The Red and Black Show at Websters Theatre
- The 39 Steps, Websters
- Glasgow Goes Green at Arc: Festival Event
- WestFest 2024 – Glasgow West End
- FrightFest at Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Celtic Connections 2024: Transatlantic Sessions
- Books at the Green with Chris Dolan
- Cinemarc: Women’s Work
- Creative Conversations: Donna McLean
- Fundraiser for Medicin Sans Frontieres
- Music Broth at The Mitchell Library
- Valentine’s Day: Lovers Rock at GFT