Aye Write 2021 – Salena Godden and Courttia Newland – Immersive, Poetic Fiction
Friday 21 May 2021 at 3.30 p.m.
Immersive, Poetic Fiction – Salena Godden and Courttia Newland chaired by Lee Randall
Mrs Death has had enough. She is exhausted from spending eternity doing her job and now she seeks someone to unburden her conscience to. Wolf Willeford, a troubled young writer, is well acquainted with death, but until now hadn’t met Death in person – a black, working-class woman who shape-shifts and does her work unseen.
*This performance is live and will be available to watch for three weeks after the broadcast date to accommodate different time zones.
Books are available to purchase from Aye Write’s bookseller partner Bookshop.org Bookshop.org supports independent booksellers and for every book purchased 10% comes back to Aye Write and Wee Write, helping to invest in our Glasgow’s book festival and reader development programmes.
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables
- West End Festival 2021
- Govan Stones Music Festival
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Riverside Festival 2021
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show