Aye Write 2021 – Salena Godden and Courttia Newland – Immersive, Poetic Fiction
Friday 21 May 2021 at 3.30 p.m.
Immersive, Poetic Fiction – Salena Godden and Courttia Newland chaired by Lee Randall
Mrs Death has had enough. She is exhausted from spending eternity doing her job and now she seeks someone to unburden her conscience to. Wolf Willeford, a troubled young writer, is well acquainted with death, but until now hadn’t met Death in person – a black, working-class woman who shape-shifts and does her work unseen.
*This performance is live and will be available to watch for three weeks after the broadcast date to accommodate different time zones.
Books are available to purchase from Aye Write’s bookseller partner Bookshop.org Bookshop.org supports independent booksellers and for every book purchased 10% comes back to Aye Write and Wee Write, helping to invest in our Glasgow’s book festival and reader development programmes.
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams
- Raw Poetry at Scottish Writers Centre
- Govanhill International Carnival and Parade
- Sea Change Film Festival 2022
- Friends of Peoples Palace & Winter Garden at Glasgow Green Fun Day
- The Rhynie Station: Grunnit Spring by Ian R. Mitchell
- Dance Along Festival: Encanto, Merchant City Festival
- Ashton Lane Stre-EAT FEST
- Curatorial Tour: Glasgow and Slavery, People’s Palace
- A Day Of Fun Inspired by John Byrne
- Bloody Scotland 2022 McIlvanney Prize Long List
- National Youth Pipe Band of Scotland