Aye Write 2021 – Salena Godden and Courttia Newland – Immersive, Poetic Fiction
Friday 21 May 2021 at 3.30 p.m.
Immersive, Poetic Fiction – Salena Godden and Courttia Newland chaired by Lee Randall
Mrs Death has had enough. She is exhausted from spending eternity doing her job and now she seeks someone to unburden her conscience to. Wolf Willeford, a troubled young writer, is well acquainted with death, but until now hadn’t met Death in person – a black, working-class woman who shape-shifts and does her work unseen.
*This performance is live and will be available to watch for three weeks after the broadcast date to accommodate different time zones.
Books are available to purchase from Aye Write’s bookseller partner Bookshop.org Bookshop.org supports independent booksellers and for every book purchased 10% comes back to Aye Write and Wee Write, helping to invest in our Glasgow’s book festival and reader development programmes.
- Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
- Bloody Scotland 2021 McIlvanney Prize Long List Announced
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Owner of the Sea – Richard Price readings and discussion
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot
- Glasgow School of Art Digital Showcase 2021
- Hillhead Summer Arts Academy 2021
- Mansfield Park Street Festival 2021
- Vinicombe Street Gala 2021
- Touring Scotland – Pop Up Opera 2021
- Scottish Books Long Weekend
- Meet the Poet: Marcus Slease & Colin Herd
- Contemporary Quilt Group, The Auld Kirk
- Balloch Open Mic on Zoom
- Sheffield Doc Festival 2021 at GFT
- Creative Conversations: David Robertson
- Aye Write on Demand 2021
- Refugee Festival Scotland 2021