Art On The Hill, Southside Festival Glasgow, 2 – 31st May, 2014
Opening Night 2nd May / Runs till 31st May
Church On The Hill, Battlefield Queens Park, Glasgow
Contact – email@example.com
Art On The Hill is an independent, artist run Art Fair taking place during the South Side Fringe Festival held upstairs in ‘Church On The Hill’, in Battlefield Queens Park Glasgow. Displaying the work of around 100 artists.Art On The Hill will be taking place in the ‘Church On The Hill’ Battlefield Queens Park, as part of the Southside Fringe Festival in May 2014. We aim to be something of a new Glasgow Art Fair showcasing the work of around 100 artists. Bringing together select fresh faces just starting out, recent & older graduates from the Glasgow School Of Art, seasoned professionals and even some artists from Edinburgh!
Organized by Artist Peter Gillies who at the start of 2013 initiated a Facebook group called ‘Glasgow Independent Artists’, the primary mission to gather up a pool of Glasgow based artists with the long tern view of staging a large Artist run show, due to the noticeable lack of an official Glasgow Art Fair in recent years.
In the meantime the group has acted as a base to organize events, share & solve problems, float ideas and plans in the art community. Peter believes as all artists share a common goal it is more beneficial to our own practices and the wider art community that we communicate and work together for the greater good.
One year later and collating 650 members, after some chance meetings and discussions it was proposed to run the show during the Southside Fringe Festival 2014, which tied in rather appropriately with Peter’s original intended venue of Church On The Hill. And so the last 6 months have been spent putting the art group into action.
The aim of this exhibition is to act as an artist run platform, where by the artists can show in a professional large group show without the prohibiting costs of mainstream art fairs and also allow the public access to the diverse breadth of artistic talent that is rampant in Glasgow in a more relaxed atmosphere.
Opening night will be a great chance to meet the artists and throughout the month we have a program of Artist Talks and events planned.
We are very happy to be part of the Southside Fringe Festival ,very happy to have secured Church On The Hill as the venue to host the show, and very happy to present the truly diverse and talented artistic community to a wider audience.
It must be noted that unfortunately our venue does not have disabled access, the show is in the upstairs of the church which is currently un-used by the owners. We apologize to those that this restricts.
You will certainly recognize the works from some of our local artists that exhibit in galleries around Glasgow & further a field, but there is also many you are probably not familiar with. So we have chosen to promote our show without the usual recognizable name drops, just with the statement that the artists involved have all been selected upon the merit of their works and dedication to their practice.
We invite you to come and see art for yourself.
This section: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Film Friday Art in the Archive National Library of Scotland
- Oscar, Bravo! – live streaming Street Level Photoworks on Facebook
- Glasgow Window Art Festival – High Street and Saltmarket
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Close Up – Susan Wood Exhibition
- Looking at Mackintosh’s Masterpiece
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
- Old KIlpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Bishopton
- Alasdair Gray – Omnium Gatherum
- DeepEnd Mural Govanhill Community Baths
- As I See Cuba (Como Veo Cuba) Photography Exibition
- John Inglis Exhibition New Collages 2016 – 2019 Compass Gallery
- Project Ability Christmas Show 2019
- Oscar Marzaroli Exhibition Streetworks
- Art on the Exchange Glasgow
- Difference by Design Arts and Crafts Fair, Websters
- Winter Fine Art and Antiques Auction, Great Western Auction
- Art Exhibition at The Arlington Baths Club
- A Gift to Glasgow from New York, The Hunterian