Addicted the Musical at Websters
7 – 9 April, 2022
Websters Theatre, 416 Great Western Road, Glasgow G4 9HZ
(adjacent to Kelvinbridge Underground)
Addicted The Musical tells the story of a brother and sister’s struggle with drug and alcohol addiction. A tragi-comic tale, with songs that reflect the pain and despair, the joy and the sorrow of those caught in that trap.
At times hilarious, at times sad, the narrative introduces us to a group of characters we can recognize and to whom we can relate.
There is a lot of help available to those trapped in this hell, but no one but you can reach for the lifeline. and that’s not easy when you’re addicted.
Sweet For Addicts is an organisation involving people whose lives have been touched by addiction and have used the arts as a cathartic therapy.
The people who perform with Sweet For Addicts have connection with addiction through themselves, a loved one, friend, acquaintance or a family member. They could have connections through knowing these people or be addicts themselves but the most important part of the organisation is that the Arts are seen as part of their recovery.
That recovery allows them to participate in an activity designed to examine the humanity of man whilst enjoying the company of people who have similar stories to tell and hopes to share.
See YouTube Promotional Video
Thursday 7th April 7.30pm
Friday 8th April 7.30pm
Saturday 9th April 7.30pm
Tickets are £12.00 including the £1.50 booking fee. There are no concessions for this production.
Tickets are available directly from Sweet for Addicts.
Box Office 041 357 4000
- The Homebird Sessions at Cottiers
- A Night of Grief and Misery, Cottiers
- Helen Rose’s Ourdoor Diary: English Lakes, Coniston
- Summer of Stories at The Hunterian
- Loch Lomond Highland Games 2022
- Alice In The Cities – GFT
- I’ve Heard the Mermaids Singing – GFT
- Nitram at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tigers at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Take 2. Paddington at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Ithaka plus Q & A with John Shipton, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Purple Rain, late night at Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Princess, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- Alasdair Gray’s Lanark: A World Made on Paper – The Hunterian
- Journey from Jamaica iBrina – Merchant City Festival
- No Evictions Glasgow Open Meeting
- Restricted Code, The Glad Cafe
- Chris McGlade: Forgiveness- Websters Theatre
- Pippin The Musical at Websters