A Play, A Pie and A Pint, The Last Bloom, OranMor, 7th – 12th April, 2014
The Last Bloom
Directed by Hamish Pirie
A Play, A Pie and A Pint
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12
Monday 7th – Saturday 12th Apr
Buy tickets online
Featuring Anni Domingo and Cleo Sylvestre.
Gentle, soft-spoken Cynthia moves into a nursing home to share a room with the cantankerous and domineering Myrtle. But before Cynthia can settle in, a power struggle takes place as the women battle over the right to each other’s pasts and memories.
The Last Bloom blurs the line between truth and fantasy and explores the idea of the right to reshape one’s past.
In the world of Theatre, Amba Chevannes is no ‘triple threat’. She doesn’t act, dance or sing (professionally). Instead, she writes. In the world of Theatre, Amba Chevannes is simply a ‘threat’.
Trained as a Dramatic Writer (NYU), her style ranges from drama to comedy to the absurd. Her stories often take us into the hidden spaces of our societies and invite us, through laughter and tears, to face our own humanity.
Amba is a Jamaican freelance writer and script analyst and teaches part-time at Edna Manley College for the Visual and Performing Arts and The University of the West Indies.
This section: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
Filed under: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Grease The Musical at Websters Theatre Glasgow West End
- Bend It Like Bertie at Websters
- Rose at OranMor
- This Is Where We Get Off – Websters Theatre
- The David MacLennan Award – A Play, A Pie and A Pint
- Addicted the Musical at Websters
- Islets of Silence at Mugdock Theatre
- The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe review by Danielle O’Neill
- Myra’s Story, Websters Theatre
- Drag Opticon at Britannica Panopticon
- Scottish Opera in Cumbernauld – Opera Highlights
- School of Rock, Theatre Royal Glasgow
- Derren Brown, Kings Theatre, Glasgow
- Jordan Mackampa at Cottiers
- 3 Women and a Boaby, McChuills GICF
- Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2022
- Moorcroft, The Tron
- The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe – Theatre Royal
- Orphans, National Theatre of Scotland
- Company at Websters