The Gold Diggers at Glasgow Film Theatre
14 July, 2022
The Gold Diggers (U)
Sally Potter’s ground-breaking debut explores themes of power in relation to capitalism and sexuality from a feminist and collaborative perspective. The film was written and produced by Lindsay Cooper, Rose English and Sally Potter, and made with an all-women crew, all of whom were on equal pay.
Featuring ‘Swinging Sixties’ icon Julie Christie and Colette Laffont as two star-crossed lovers, this musical and comic adventure tells of their inter-connected quests to understand the nature of money and the feminine ideal, in a story that simultaneously subverts and sends up the Hollywood narrative.
Presented in partnership with Club Des Femmes.
The screening will be introduced by Ania Ostrowska of queer feminist collective Club Des Femmes and will be accompanied by short film Are You Still Watching? (N/C 15+) by Sissy Screens: Tali Polichtuk & Kitty Chrystal.
Glasgow Film Theatre, 12 Rose Street, Glasgow G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams
- Sea Change Film Festival 2022
- Where The Crawdads Sing at GFT
- Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans + introduction
- Hit the Road at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Paris Texas at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Joyride at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Dance Along Festival: Encanto, Merchant City Festival
- Pather Panchali at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Fire of Love at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Top Gun(4 k) plus Top Gun: Maverick at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cafe Flicker at GMAC
- Casino plus recorded introduction
- MIND-SET Indie Film in Scotland