The Dark Carnival: Unplugged
1st June, 2019
VANISHING POINT AND A NEW INTERNATIONAL PRODUCTION
THIS PRODUCTION TAKES PLACE AT SCOTLAND STREET SCHOOL MUSEUM (225 SCOTLAND STREET, G5 8QB)
The Dark Carnival: Unplugged is an intimate music and theatre show: with songs, storytelling and a free (though not compulsory!) glass of whisky for everyone, it tells the tale of newcomers to the afterlife who discover that death is not actually the end. Incredulous at their continuity, they form their own necropolitan community where every night is party night.
Based on the recent five-star theatre spectacular The Dark Carnival, this new ‘unplugged’ version features Biff Smith on acoustic guitar and narrator Robert Jack telling the story of the residents of Dickinsons Brae cemetery – a love story that spans life and death and a celebratory, heart-warming night out.
Inspired by Weimar cabaret, danse macabre, Kurt Weill and Lionel Bart, the songs find themselves in a musical space somewhere in between Leonard Cohen and The Muppets.
Sponsored by The Famous Grouse
No bar at this venue.
- The Pure Amazing Wiz of Oz Panto at Websters 2019
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Cinderella, Theatre School of Scotland
- Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
- Carols in the Garden, Wilton Street, Glasgow West End
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Take 2: Miniscule Adventure GFT
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- Knives Out GFT
- The Biggest Little Farm GFT
- The Forgotten Screening and Q & A
- In Diamond Square GFT
- Shooting the Mafia, GFT
- Moving Image Makers Collective On The Move CCA
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Pity Party Film Club Urgh! A Music War CCA
- Sunshine on Leith GFT
- CinemaAttic – Catalan Film Festival CCA
- The Two Popes GFT