The Dark Carnival: Unplugged
1st June, 2019
VANISHING POINT AND A NEW INTERNATIONAL PRODUCTION
THIS PRODUCTION TAKES PLACE AT SCOTLAND STREET SCHOOL MUSEUM (225 SCOTLAND STREET, G5 8QB)
The Dark Carnival: Unplugged is an intimate music and theatre show: with songs, storytelling and a free (though not compulsory!) glass of whisky for everyone, it tells the tale of newcomers to the afterlife who discover that death is not actually the end. Incredulous at their continuity, they form their own necropolitan community where every night is party night.
Based on the recent five-star theatre spectacular The Dark Carnival, this new ‘unplugged’ version features Biff Smith on acoustic guitar and narrator Robert Jack telling the story of the residents of Dickinsons Brae cemetery – a love story that spans life and death and a celebratory, heart-warming night out.
Inspired by Weimar cabaret, danse macabre, Kurt Weill and Lionel Bart, the songs find themselves in a musical space somewhere in between Leonard Cohen and The Muppets.
Sponsored by The Famous Grouse
No bar at this venue.
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- A Gift to Glasgow from New York, The Hunterian
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT
- Non-Fiction, GFT
- SQIFF 2019 Black History Month: Calalai: In Betweenness + shorts
- Chinese Visual Festival CCA
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Mòd 2019 Gaelic Film Screenings: A taste of BBC Alba – Na Millenni-Gaels CCA
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- The Irishman GFT
- Lost Lives plus Q & A
- Malcolm X 35 mm GFT
- Halloween at GFT 2019
- Preview: Pink Wall with Q & A
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Glasgow Wood Recycling, October Sale
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow