The Dark Carnival: Unplugged
1st June, 2019
VANISHING POINT AND A NEW INTERNATIONAL PRODUCTION
THIS PRODUCTION TAKES PLACE AT SCOTLAND STREET SCHOOL MUSEUM (225 SCOTLAND STREET, G5 8QB)
The Dark Carnival: Unplugged is an intimate music and theatre show: with songs, storytelling and a free (though not compulsory!) glass of whisky for everyone, it tells the tale of newcomers to the afterlife who discover that death is not actually the end. Incredulous at their continuity, they form their own necropolitan community where every night is party night.
Based on the recent five-star theatre spectacular The Dark Carnival, this new ‘unplugged’ version features Biff Smith on acoustic guitar and narrator Robert Jack telling the story of the residents of Dickinsons Brae cemetery – a love story that spans life and death and a celebratory, heart-warming night out.
Inspired by Weimar cabaret, danse macabre, Kurt Weill and Lionel Bart, the songs find themselves in a musical space somewhere in between Leonard Cohen and The Muppets.
Sponsored by The Famous Grouse
No bar at this venue.
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- Ghost Signs Glasgow Exhibition Tour
- West End Festival 2021
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021