The Dark Carnival: Unplugged
1st June, 2019
VANISHING POINT AND A NEW INTERNATIONAL PRODUCTION
THIS PRODUCTION TAKES PLACE AT SCOTLAND STREET SCHOOL MUSEUM (225 SCOTLAND STREET, G5 8QB)
The Dark Carnival: Unplugged is an intimate music and theatre show: with songs, storytelling and a free (though not compulsory!) glass of whisky for everyone, it tells the tale of newcomers to the afterlife who discover that death is not actually the end. Incredulous at their continuity, they form their own necropolitan community where every night is party night.
Based on the recent five-star theatre spectacular The Dark Carnival, this new ‘unplugged’ version features Biff Smith on acoustic guitar and narrator Robert Jack telling the story of the residents of Dickinsons Brae cemetery – a love story that spans life and death and a celebratory, heart-warming night out.
Inspired by Weimar cabaret, danse macabre, Kurt Weill and Lionel Bart, the songs find themselves in a musical space somewhere in between Leonard Cohen and The Muppets.
Sponsored by The Famous Grouse
No bar at this venue.
- Sound & Vision Drive-In Summer 2020
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020