Seven Song Club: Willie Campbell (Astrid), Bensider, Adriana Spina
Friday, 27 September, 2019, 8 – 11 p.m.
Tron Theatre, 63 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HB
Great to have a rare solo set from Willie Campbell, one of the two singer/songwriters in Astrid who have just released then amazing fourth album, Fall Stand Dance on Edwyn Collins record label AED. A great performer who is playing at the club for the first time.
Bensider was initially intended to be a solo project but Graham was soon joined by the amazing Roy Hunter on Double Bass along with top musicians Mike on Trumpet, and Seth on Cajon. Always good fun with many of their songs inspired by the Isle Of Lewis covering , family, love, loss and life…described as “magical acoustic swingy folk with a dark edge”.
Scottish-Italian singer and songwriter Adriana Spina’s has worked hard to craft her blend of Americana, folk and country.
With two studio albums to her name, Never Coming Home (2011) and Let Out The Dark (2017), Adriana continues to write and perform tirelessly. She is a regular on festival bills including Celtic Connections, Glasgow Americana and Butesong, and regularly plays across the UK.
She had the honour of being invited by Joan Armatrading to support her on the Scottish dates of her most recent world tour, culminating in a storming performance at Glasgow’s Royal Concert Hall. Joan is just one in a list of high-profile artists with whom Adriana has shared stages, having also opened for acts of the calibre of Sheryl Crow, Paolo Nutini, Eddi Reader and Dar Williams.
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- East Dunbartonshire Schools Jazz Orchestra and Percussion Ensemble Easter Concert
- Cottiers Pub Quiz
- Tram Direct presents ‘Islets of Silence’ (The C Word)
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- National Library of Scotland Kelvin Hall – World Thinking Day
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
- Aye Write 2020: Memoirs and Confessions – Justified Sinners Speakeasy
- A Beautiful Day in The Neighbourhood, GFT
- Lavinia Blackwall & Stilton, Lynnie Carson & The Hawking Gimmiks
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Jazz On A Summer’s Day
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, Disco
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Simple Women presented by Femspectives
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Rocks
- Parasite GFT
- Pity Party Film Club Tangerine CCA
- Valentine’s Day at GFT 2020
- A Streetcar Named Desire, GFT
- True Romance, Late Night Movie at GFT