Seven Song Club: Willie Campbell (Astrid), Bensider, Adriana Spina
Friday, 27 September, 2019, 8 – 11 p.m.
Tron Theatre, 63 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HB
Great to have a rare solo set from Willie Campbell, one of the two singer/songwriters in Astrid who have just released then amazing fourth album, Fall Stand Dance on Edwyn Collins record label AED. A great performer who is playing at the club for the first time.
Bensider was initially intended to be a solo project but Graham was soon joined by the amazing Roy Hunter on Double Bass along with top musicians Mike on Trumpet, and Seth on Cajon. Always good fun with many of their songs inspired by the Isle Of Lewis covering , family, love, loss and life…described as “magical acoustic swingy folk with a dark edge”.
Scottish-Italian singer and songwriter Adriana Spina’s has worked hard to craft her blend of Americana, folk and country.
With two studio albums to her name, Never Coming Home (2011) and Let Out The Dark (2017), Adriana continues to write and perform tirelessly. She is a regular on festival bills including Celtic Connections, Glasgow Americana and Butesong, and regularly plays across the UK.
She had the honour of being invited by Joan Armatrading to support her on the Scottish dates of her most recent world tour, culminating in a storming performance at Glasgow’s Royal Concert Hall. Joan is just one in a list of high-profile artists with whom Adriana has shared stages, having also opened for acts of the calibre of Sheryl Crow, Paolo Nutini, Eddi Reader and Dar Williams.
- Addicted The Musical Websters Theatre Glasgow
- Poetry Launches CCA – Stephen Watt, Derek Parkes and Mandy Haggith
- Sikorski Polish Club, Glasgow Doors Open Day 2019
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- The Wedding Planner, OranMor
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Wullie Davidson’s Bus Pass Ramblings: St Andrews
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- For Sama GFT
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection GFT
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Ando Glaso Gypsy Music Short Course CCA