Scottish Opera – Opera Highlights a Websters
Tuesday, 8th February 2022 – 7.30 p.m.
Websters Theatre, 416 Great Western Road, G4 8HZ
Roll up, roll up! Opera Highlights is coming to town – a night of entertainment like no other!
This Spring, join us as we take you through the greatest hits and lesser-known gems of the repertoire – think La bohème, Faust, Billy Budd, Die Fledermaus and more – in one fast-paced, heartfelt show. These memorable melodies are mixed into an original narrative which celebrates the grit and glamour of old-fashioned vaudeville, as well as the many (musical and other) talents of its cast. Director John Savournin and Scottish Opera’s Head of Music Derek Clark have created a romantic, buoyant, and at times bittersweet story of art, life, and love.
As the show itself travels to eighteen locations across Scotland, four brilliant singers become a lovable family of performers on the road. Scottish soprano Monica McGhee, former Scottish Opera Emerging Artists Margo Arsane and Shengzhi Ren (Così fan tutte 2021), and Dan Shelvey (The Gondoliers 2021) bring the music and story to life. Mark Sandon joins as pianist and Music Director for the tour, and Janis Hart designs the rich, Edwardian-inspired setting.
£16.50, £6.50 (concession)
Box office 0141 357 4000
- Loch Lomond Highland Games 2022
- Alice In The Cities – GFT
- I’ve Heard the Mermaids Singing – GFT
- Nitram at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tigers at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Take 2. Paddington at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Ithaka plus Q & A with John Shipton, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Purple Rain, late night at Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Princess, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- Alasdair Gray’s Lanark: A World Made on Paper – The Hunterian
- Journey from Jamaica iBrina – Merchant City Festival
- No Evictions Glasgow Open Meeting
- Restricted Code, The Glad Cafe
- Chris McGlade: Forgiveness- Websters Theatre
- Pippin The Musical at Websters
- Luzzu at GFT
- Reel Roots: Windrush at GFT
- Take 2: 101 Dalmatians
- Dr Who and The Daleks & Daleks’ Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. GFT