Samhain: fire and jam session Halloween, North Kelvin Meadow
31 October, 2019, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Community Gathering at The Meadow
North Kelvin Meadow, Sanda St, Kelbourne St, Clouston St, Glasgow G20 8PR
Community fire and open jam session. Contributions of firewood, decorations (especially candles and natural decorations), entertainments, vegetarian food, warm drinks, instruments etc. welcome. There may be time for stories, rituals or tricks if you have any.
This is an informal, unofficial, community led event. There is no schedule and no facilities other than the outdoors and a fire (though in the event of rain we will try to get some shelter set up). Whoever arrives first or early is free to get the fire going – there is usually some firewood under the tarpaulins behind the shed near the south-western corner of the land (please don’t collect twigs, branches or logs from the forest floor).
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- Big Wednesday Night Quiz QMU
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Digital Doors Open Day Glasgow 2020
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Online
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Govanhill Baths Archive Showcase
- Celebrating Ten Years of Woodlands Community Garden
- Hannah Lavery, Govanhill Book Festival
- Edinburgh Book Festival – Kirstin Innes: Who is Clio Campbell?
- Edinburgh Book Festival James Tait Black Prizes
- Stuart Cosgrove, Govanhill Book Festival