Roma Night at The Rum Shack
Friday 10 December, 2021
The Rum Shack, 657- 659 Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2AB
Tickets · £8 via Eventbrite
End of the year Gypsy party with Formatia Express, Ciaran Ryan Band and Transylvanian Ceilidh!
About this event
Would you like to have a proper blow out before the year is over? Bringing the hottest groups together from the Romanian and Scottish, Gypsy Roma and Traveller communities.
Glasgow debut concert of father and daughter led group playing the most authentic old style Romanian ‘Lautar’ Music.
Ciaran Ryan Band
Award winning multi instrumentalist hailing from Scotland’s Gypsy Roma Traveller Community – bringing his high octane group to get you tapping your feet.
First Transylvanian Ceilidh since the Lockdowns. With Music from Glasgow’s own authentic Romanian Roma band, Taraful Din Glasgow
due to the constantly developing Covid situation we made the decision to leave out the ceilidh element of the night. It means there will be no dance caller, however all three bands will still perform throughout the night.
We hope you understand that in the current situation we wouldn’t like to encourage people to be in close contact such as holding hands during group dances etc. We hope you are still happy to attend the event and enjoy the fantastic bands and have a great time!
Ando Glaso Team ”
Filed under: Christmas in Glasgow, Community event, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide plus Club Events, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Compass Gallery: Gary Anderson RSW : Thoughts and Contemplations
- Scottish Opera Breath Cycle Programme for Long Covid Patients
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Roy’s West End View: Battered Boris savaged by top Scots true blues
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Wullie Davidson’s Blog: Extreme Global Weather Events of 2021
- Bob Law’s Blog: An Unusual Cross Country Ski Day in Glasgow
- Mika & Me Eyewear Glasgow
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- G20 Young People to Climb Ben Nevis to support people affected by poverty
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Shaking Hands With Christmas – Brian Whittingham
- Beyond Form Creative Writing Courses
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – More Events Announced
- Carlton Jug Band at The Clutha
- Social Bite Helping the Homeless this Christmas
- Report Launch – Tackling Food Poverty