Preview: Portrait of a Lady on Fire
14 and 25 February, 2020
In late 18th century France, painter Marianne is commissioned by an affluent countess to paint the wedding portrait of her sheltered but headstrong daughter Héloïse, in the hope it will find her a wealthy husband.
While posing as her hired companion, Marianne is instructed to complete the portrait in secret, observing Héloïse by day and painting her by night. However, as the two women grow closer, their intimacy and attraction begins to blossom, paving the way for a simmering, star-crossed romance.
Céline Sciamma’s newest film is a triumph of feminist filmmaking. Sumptuous and intimate, it demands to be seen on the big screen.
The screening on Tuesday 25 February will be preceded by an exclusive on-screen introduction from Céline Sciamma.
GFT 12 Rose Street, Ge 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- The Glasgow Diet – Documentary on History of Food fundraiser
- The Social Isolation Film Festival curated by GFT
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, The August Virgin review Fionnuala Boyle
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Celebrates Record Audience Figures
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Women Make Film
- International Women’s Day Glasgow 2020 – Bike for Good
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Billie
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Anderson Falls
- Glasgow Film Festival: A Night of Horror: Nightmare Radio
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Our Ladies
- Glasgow Film Festival: Romantic Comedy + Live Score by Summer Camp
- Days of the Bagnold Summer Glasgow Film Festival
- Bacurau, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Parasite (black and white version announced)
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Rocks
- Visible Cinema: Films Meditating on the D/deaf experience Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 – Jazz on a Summer’s Day review by Pat Byrne
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Secret Location: Final Destination
- Country Strand at Glasgow Fllm Festival 2020 – Iceland Northern Shining Lights