Preview: Portrait of a Lady on Fire
14 and 25 February, 2020
In late 18th century France, painter Marianne is commissioned by an affluent countess to paint the wedding portrait of her sheltered but headstrong daughter Héloïse, in the hope it will find her a wealthy husband.
While posing as her hired companion, Marianne is instructed to complete the portrait in secret, observing Héloïse by day and painting her by night. However, as the two women grow closer, their intimacy and attraction begins to blossom, paving the way for a simmering, star-crossed romance.
Céline Sciamma’s newest film is a triumph of feminist filmmaking. Sumptuous and intimate, it demands to be seen on the big screen.
The screening on Tuesday 25 February will be preceded by an exclusive on-screen introduction from Céline Sciamma.
GFT 12 Rose Street, Ge 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- September Programme at G.FT.
- The Lady in the Portrait GFT
- Make Up, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Film Theatre – Re-opening Programme
- “Trainspotting The Italian Chapter” madness or success beyond the borders
- White Riot, Govanhill International Festival
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Take One Action 2020
- Edinburgh Festivals Past 1954 – 1969
- Glasgow Short Film Festival Online