Make Music Day 2022
Tuesday 21 June, 2022
Celebrate Scotland’s biggest ever Make Music Day UK
More than 70 events will take place across Scotland on 21 June to mark the global annual celebration of music
Celebrate the world’s biggest grassroots DIY music festival – encouraging musicians, producers, promoters and music lovers to collaborate and organise free in-person and online performances in their communities. Solo performers, groups and music creators of all types are invited to take part, regardless of age, ability or musical genre.
In Scotland, events include Make Music Day Glasgow at Byres Road and the lanes. The day of live music will consist of free performances in venues including Embargo, Tennents Bar, Ubiquitous Chip and the Record Factory.
Schedule – Events Glasgow West End
The Alchemy Experiment – Free songwriting workshop with the Academy of Music & Sound at 12pm – 4pm plus Alchemy DJs
Embargo – Angus Riley at 8.30-10pm
Record Factory – Beth Glen, Luca Pisanu and The Andy Dunn Trio from 7pm
Tennents Bar – Daniel Ladds at 7pm, Johnny Boyd at 9pm
Tesco Express – Ceilidh band (time TBC)
Ubiquitous Chip – Fiddlers on the Roof at 7pm – 9pm
Professional music organisations such as RSNO, EIF, Dunedin Consort and Nevis Ensemble will take part in various events. Scottish musicians Nicola Benedetti and Iona Fyfe are ambassadors for the festival.
Singer Iona Fyfe said: “Make Music Day has always achieved the goal of bringing people together to create music – with an emphasis on community music-making. Now more than ever, musicians from all backgrounds and experiences are eager to create music with others and collaborate, whether that be online or in person.
“The festival has been so instrumental in merging both online collaboration and in-person events seamlessly and I’m excited to have taken part in the Global Folk Challenge, which will see several musicians share songs from their respective cultures, customs, languages and traditions.”
All events are free and can be found on Make Music Day Website
In addition to organising their own events for Make Music Day, musicians are invited to take part in one of the many national and international projects designed to encourage global collaboration. Scottish performers will feature in the global Make Music Day broadcast, accompanying performances from Australia, India, Cyprus, Nigeria, Germany and the US.
Filed under: Community event, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Free Events, Gig Guide plus Club Events, Music, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- The Homebird Sessions at Cottiers
- A Night of Grief and Misery, Cottiers
- Helen Rose’s Ourdoor Diary: English Lakes, Coniston
- Summer of Stories at The Hunterian
- Loch Lomond Highland Games 2022
- Alice In The Cities – GFT
- I’ve Heard the Mermaids Singing – GFT
- Nitram at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tigers at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Take 2. Paddington at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Ithaka plus Q & A with John Shipton, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Purple Rain, late night at Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Princess, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- Alasdair Gray’s Lanark: A World Made on Paper – The Hunterian
- Journey from Jamaica iBrina – Merchant City Festival
- No Evictions Glasgow Open Meeting
- Restricted Code, The Glad Cafe
- Chris McGlade: Forgiveness- Websters Theatre
- Pippin The Musical at Websters