Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
13 November, 2019
As part of this year’s French Film Festival, we’re inviting you to a competitive debate followed by the screening of the documentary Libre on 13th November.
Alliance française, 3 Park Circus, Glasgow G3 6AX
Libre / To the Four winds, Michel Toesca (2018)
In the Royal valley located between France and Italy, thousands of migrants try to cross the border each month in search for a better life. Cédric Herrou, a local farmer, has been welcoming migrants at his home since the beginning of the crisis, turning his backyard into a much-needed shelter. With the help of friends and volunteers, he challenges French immigration policies which make impossible for these families to set foot on French ground and seek asylum. Filmed during two years by documentary filmmaker Michel Toesca, this everyday hero will do anything to help them, even risking his own freedom.
Screening in French with English subtitles. 100 minutes.
Competitive debate between 6-7pm & Screening from 7pm.
To mark the screening of Libre, Alliance Francaise is hosting a competitive debate/joutes oratoires in collaboration with the University of Glasgow and the Strathclyde University’s French Departments.
The winners will be announced before the 7pm screening.
This event is free but ticketed. Please register.
The 27th Edition of the French Film Festival will take place throughout November in the United Kingdom.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Cinema
- Book Week Scotland 2019: Kerry Hudson
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- First a Girl, GFT
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- 2040 at GFT
- Pity Party Film Club I Shot Andy Warhol CCA
- Queer Classics & Matchbox Cineclub City of Lost Souls CCA
- Alan Ereira ALUNA – screening and talk CCA
- Cooking Pot Biting the Hand that Feeds, CCA
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 at GFT Glasgow
- Leona GFT
- Depeche Mode Spirits in the Forest
- Michael Hutchence: Mystify GFT
- Havana Film Festival 2019
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire