Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
13 November, 2019
As part of this year’s French Film Festival, we’re inviting you to a competitive debate followed by the screening of the documentary Libre on 13th November.
Alliance française, 3 Park Circus, Glasgow G3 6AX
Libre / To the Four winds, Michel Toesca (2018)
In the Royal valley located between France and Italy, thousands of migrants try to cross the border each month in search for a better life. Cédric Herrou, a local farmer, has been welcoming migrants at his home since the beginning of the crisis, turning his backyard into a much-needed shelter. With the help of friends and volunteers, he challenges French immigration policies which make impossible for these families to set foot on French ground and seek asylum. Filmed during two years by documentary filmmaker Michel Toesca, this everyday hero will do anything to help them, even risking his own freedom.
Screening in French with English subtitles. 100 minutes.
Competitive debate between 6-7pm & Screening from 7pm.
To mark the screening of Libre, Alliance Francaise is hosting a competitive debate/joutes oratoires in collaboration with the University of Glasgow and the Strathclyde University’s French Departments.
The winners will be announced before the 7pm screening.
This event is free but ticketed. Please register.
The 27th Edition of the French Film Festival will take place throughout November in the United Kingdom.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Cinema
- Creative Conversations: Homi K Bhabha
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- September Programme at G.FT.
- Fury by David Morley – Carcanet Press Online Book Launch
- The History of Scottish Pen – Online
- The Lady in the Portrait GFT
- Creative Conversations: Jemma Neville
- Creative Conversations: Nicholson Baker
- Creative Conversations: Andrew O’Hagan